Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think Scent Lok is a must? >

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Yes this is a waste, I will "LOK" it and be wearing it when I kill a big ole bruiser this fall... sorry, couldnt resist guys...

Hey how many cotton t shirts can you wear6 days straightin 70-90 degree weather hiking your butt off in elevations from 5000 up to 8000 feet ...everyday and have it not stink like sweat..not once..my base layer shirt top...did as I put it to the test for the first time last week archery antelope hunting.... I was amazed... something has to be helping in that fabric guys, I am not going to get on here and make this up...

but hey how many of you that bash it..have ever put it to the test???? is it a cure all ..heck no..can it help, I believe so.. jm2c
Old 09-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Just wanted to add to the list of no's and to mention the fact that the pro's use it b/c advertising makes them money. Otherwise they'd be doing the same thing as us. I agree with the fact that movement and noise are your worst enemies.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:55 PM

Well I am going against the overall theme here, but I truly believe it does work and I don't hunt with out it. My first 3 years of bowhunting, this is no lie, I got winded on a regular basis. My cousin can attest to this as one night we were sitting in trees on opposite sides of the field. When the night started the wind was great, but in PA the wind will often change directions as it did this night. I had a doe wind me from almost 100 yards away. My cousin said he has never seen anything like it. During those three years, if the wind was wrong, without fail I would get winded.
That was it for me, I purchased a scent lok suit, actually the Savanah series with base layers. In the last two years I have not been winded one time! Not once since I started wearing scent lok have I been winded. I have shot my last two bucks from directly down wind and have had many deer come in. I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I know it works for me. I think I may be stinkier than most.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Without reading all the other posts, I think it is what you make it. It can't hurt and if it improves your confidence and you can afford it, go for it. In addition to taking all the other scent avoiding precautions. You'll neve be scent free. It's fooling the deer into thinking you WERE there versus you ARE there.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree its a Waste of money!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:04 PM

Carbon clothing is too expensive. I "smoke up" my favorite camo using the Scent Smoker. It's a cover scent and scent eliminator. It's amazing how effective it is.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Whitetail_Ent

Carbon clothing is too expensive. I "smoke up" my favorite camo using the Scent Smoker. It's a cover scent and scent eliminator. It's amazing how effective it is.
That's great an all, but if you want advertising for your business you'll have to pay for it like everyone else.

And with that, this thread is locked. We've had enough Scent-Lok debates on here for a few weeks anyways.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:54 AM

waste of money to me just ask my father and grandfather who have harvested deer there whole lives with let alone camoflauge..just a gimmick
Old 08-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, SL is not a must or even a want for me.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

...........NO.............

Quick Reply: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.