Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think Scent Lok is a must? >

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

This topic was fun to read for about the first 13 pages. First, I just wanted to say, Lungbuster ya can't be so sensitive. Other people on this sight will make ya cry on purpose, ask Atlasman. They've got this poor guy all worked up and prolly pulling his hair out. This sight isn't about being 100% proper. We kinda like rippin on each other here. Thats part of what makes this sight great. All I can say is if you're really a moderator on another site like you stated, well, I'm glad I'm not a member of that site because it's probably more like sitting in study hall in high school.

Does Scent Lok really work? I don't know and I don't give a damn. What I do know is it works for me. Is scent Lok really as expensive as some earlier posts made it to be? No, I bought everything I need from head to toe and only spent around $300. I also saw other coats without Scent Lok that costs more that my entire set up. So why not try it? Doesn't make deer run from me thats for sure.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: snake123

ask Atlasman. They've got this poor guy all worked up and prolly pulling his hair out.

They have me worked up???

That's the first time I have ever heard that one here.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Now that I told you about my background on the subject I will ask you to do the same. What educational background and experience level do you have with carbon?

Repeat for archer............must have got lost in the shuffle
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with the poster above who said this post was interesting for about thirteen pages then wow, I am not sure what happened. It appears there are some sensitive folks out there.

I wanted to share a theory I read a while back about scent-control / scent-lok that seems kind of plausible and was interesting to me. Deer obviously have a wicked sense of smell which is real hard, if not impossible to beat entirely. The theory is that deer in your area which are not upwind, Know you are there. The reduction in odor that we work hard for with various clothes, sprays, etc... reduces our odor enough to fool the deer into thinking we are FARTHER away than we really are. They wind/smell us but believe we are 800, 1000 yards or a quarter mile away or whatever, but in reality we are much closer than they expect. That to me explains to some degree why some times we get busted from far off, close up, or not at all. Maybe scent-lok doesnt work as well as some say, but then again maybe there is an advantage to some degree with this "distance" theory.........
Old 08-22-2007, 05:34 PM

Now that I told you about my background on the subject I will ask you to do the same. What educational background and experience level do you have with carbon?

Repeat for archer............Once again the silence is deafening

For someone who questions other people's experience and knowledge of this topic as a validation of credibility.........you sure clammed up in a hurry when I asked you about yours

Old 08-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Atlas, I have a serious question to ask. I broke down and got an APX Scentlok suit last year,I bought it at a store that had just opened, and it had a lot of the stain smell fromthe wood work done inside. My Scentlok had the smell much worse than a couple of shirts that I also bought. I couldn't wear the head mask( it was so strong) for a while. To me, it seemed to have absorbed an inordinate amount of scent, and it took a while for it to dissipate. To me, that would indicate that it was 'working' , a least initially. It seems as if the real issue is for how long and how , if at all, can it be 'reactivated'. Would that be a correct assessment of your findings? I won't say how much I spent on it--but I did get it at a discount!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: manuman

Atlas, I have a serious question to ask. I broke down and got an APX Scentlok suit last year,I bought it at a store that had just opened, and it had a lot of the stain smell fromthe wood work done inside. My Scentlok had the smell much worse than a couple of shirts that I also bought. I couldn't wear the head mask( it was so strong) for a while. To me, it seemed to have absorbed an inordinate amount of scent, and it took a while for it to dissipate. To me, that would indicate that it was 'working' , a least initially.
I don't see how you figure it was working if you could still smell the stain...........carbon should adsorb and trap odor........if you could still smell whatever the carbon adsorbed it would be pretty pointless. If you had stinky carbon what would adsorb that smell?? My guess is the fabric of the garment absorbed most if not all of what you were smelling........a clear indication that the suit was in fact not working.

If YOU could smell that terrible stink coming from the suit imagine what it smelled like to a deer.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 PM

That's encouraging!!!At least I look good in it!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:49 AM

Repeat for archer............Once again the silence is deafening

For someone who questions other people's experience and knowledge of this topic as a validation of credibility.........you sure clammed up in a hurry when I asked you about yours

I don't understand archer..........you questioned my background and experience as a way to challenge my credibilty so I responded to ease your concerns.

Why are you unwilling to do the same??

Cue the crickets.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:59 AM

Another hit and run artist?

Quick Reply: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.