HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ok how fast are your bows shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/202583-ok-how-fast-your-bows-shooting.html)

breakaleg 08-17-2007 02:39 AM

RE: ok how fast are your bows shooting

Last time I checked I was in the high 260's or the low 270's. It was 2 years ago when I checked it.I'm more comcerned about how quiet it is.

iamyourhuckleberry 08-17-2007 05:36 AM

I shot the X-force several weeks ago...my curiousity got the best of me. Folks, this bow is the real deal! I shot a 29 inch arrow from a bare bow set at 64 lbs. I was producing 1-1/2 inch four arrow groups at twenty yards. I cannot image what this bow would do completely set up. Yeah, actually I can...PSE recently won the national team championship and three of the four shooter were shooting the X-force (beat the rest of the feild by 19 points). The bow pushed a 385 grain arrow through the chrony at 304 fps.
All this crap about the bow being brutal...well, just that-CRAP! Again, this bow is the real deal!

My current hunting rig shoots a 29 inch, 415 grain arrow, at 292 fps and is set at 78lbs. Plenty fast enough you say. Not to me! I watched in disbief as an axis doe trotted away unscathed. My broadside shot from a mere twenty yards did not get there in time to kill this speedy animal (yeah, she knew I was there). The shot was otherwise perfect. I've hunted enough and have seen enough to know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that speed kills-period! It also translates into kenetic energy (the square of the velocity). I'll take fast over slow any day of the week, especially if it's as accurate as it appears to be.

I am in the process of purchasing an X-Force for future African safaris (my main objective is to set up a big five rig). I have orderedthe X-force with 80 lb. limbs. Can you imagine? Has anyone recently read the article about the Texas girl killing an elephant with an 83 lb X-force? That's what I'm talking about! I use to think 100+ pounds or more of draw weight were required. Not the case with the X-force.

IMO, I think the young man that started this thread is very pround of his new bow!

goherd1111 08-17-2007 06:09 AM

My allegiance set at 68#s and 28.5" is launching my CE maxima 350's (368 grains) down range at 299 fps.

GMMAT 08-17-2007 06:17 AM

Never checked my hunting arrow.....but @ 66#'s I'm shooting my 3D arrow at 301fps.

I shoot a/c/c 3-71's with a 125gr muzzy...wrap/blazers weighing in @ 446gr. Let's just say.....

fast enough :D
It's also fast enough to tell me I made the right bow choice.......seeing as how I shot the rest of them beofre making my decision.

Glad you're happy with yours.

GR8atta2d 08-17-2007 08:09 AM

Hmm good question. I haven't chrono'd it since it was new and just set-up. Back then it was 270 @ 65#.. I've added this and took off that and cranked the pounds up to 70#..so I have no idea?

Seems fast..Kills deer..guess that's enough for me.

Beezer 08-17-2007 08:10 PM

Fast enough to have to chase the arrow 30 yards into the snake and mosquito infested woods when I miss. After switching to lefty and starting with the new bow I discovered that I shouldn't have replaceable vitals, they're fine...I should have gotten a replaceable deer.

I know how fast the Parker Wildfire is rated at, but I'm no where near it. I did get a pass-through on the target deer with a broadhead though.

mobow 08-17-2007 08:12 PM

I'm shooting 319 FPS on 70#'s, 30" draw, and a 353 grain arrow.

bassman417 08-17-2007 08:17 PM

can anyone figure a rough estimate for what im shooting fps? my bow shops chrono is out of commission.

bigaggie77 08-17-2007 08:21 PM

See Below I'm thinking....once you get over 250FPS does it even matter? My brother rags me about his bow shooting faster....3 arrows later I rag him about my Group!

Tom2008 08-17-2007 08:47 PM

I'm shooting 285 fps with a 345 grain Carbon Force Radial X Weave Predator 200. The bow is a HCA Iron Mace at 60 lbs draw weight and 80% let-off. I also have a 28 inch draw length.