Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow kill in the rain >

Bow kill in the rain

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Buck killed in the rain
31.82%
Doe killed in the rain
25.00%
No kills in the rain
43.18%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Bow kill in the rain

Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow kill in the rain

ORIGINAL: pyclub1

I like the slow all day drizzle when it is bitterass cold out, nothing better than the rain/sleet mix.. I will sit in my stand all day long in weather like this no matter what time of year but more apt to do it in the end of Oct and into Nov... Try a all day sitin the rut and you may be suprised especially if it completely misserable outside..
When it drizzles and is cold in my area the deer seem to be super active. However, on the warmer sunny days they seem to bed down. I look forward to the drizzle as I know the deer are active.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

i've killed one doe after a light rain on a morning hunt other than that i havent seen many deer in the rain in sc
Old 08-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have killed two Sika deer up in MD, both of them in the rain. One was in a driving rain and heavy wind. I just kind of waited for that little break between wind gusts, found my anchor and let it go. That little deer only went 15 yards. The other was in an all day drizzle and I don't think it affected my shot at all. I have had to pass on a few bucks in heavy downpours. I just didn't think I could make the shot. I'm sure others could have, I just could not get comfortable and didn't shoot.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killed this 5pt on November 7th at 10ft on the ground on a foggy,drizzly morning.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:36 PM

I shot my first bow kill in the rain. It was a doe it had been pouring rain for about 3 hours in mid october I was wandering why I was out there and here she came. I shot her at 30 yards in the rain. prolly a little far for a bow in the rain but everything went good. I'll never forget the rain flying off the arrow and string when I shot!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

The first deer I killed with a bowwas on a foggy,drizzly morning.I got out of my stand to do some stalking and slipped up on a 5pt and a doe feeding under an acorn tree,I took the 5pt out.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 AM

This deer was killed inthe rain.As you can see in the pic, it pretty much rained all day.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

I have killed does after a rain or right between showers,but never actually when it was raining................one thing to keep in mind if it is raining harder than a light drizzle,if your shot isn't perfect and the blood gets thin.......the rain can wash it away and cause you to lose deer.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killed a doe last year in a moderate steady rain.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

I've killed in both. I don't mind a drizzle, butI don't like a heavy downpour.

Quick Reply: Bow kill in the rain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.