Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos The Original Can Deer Call >

Primos The Original Can Deer Call

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos The Original Can Deer Call

Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Primos The Original Can Deer Call

Any one ever use the Primos The Original Can Deer Call ? I think im gonna give it a try this seoson , I talked to a guy that said hes lured in a bunch of does and small bucks using it , Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 PM

Default RE: Primos The Original Can Deer Call

I used the smaller one last year and a 7 pointer came running in and I shot him with a bow. I believe the big can is too loud.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used that lil' can for two seasons, and I have had really great reactions from deer using it. Come to think of it, its the only deer call that has ever worked for me. Works on everything in the early season (especially does... and they are smart). Bucks will almost always come in for a closer look if they are nearby, and if you spot one that is crusiing, you can almost always get him to change course and check it out in the early season.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Two years ago I drew in an 8 ponit with it. I think all their can calls work pretty good. I just think you can over do it. If the deer is with in sight I watch it's body language to see how it respondes. I also turned a nice doe around last year with the estrus bleat. She came back right underneath my stand, I was hoping for the buck that was chasing her. Ended up no getting either one..
Crutch
Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great question. I just purchased the 3 pack ofPrimo's can's. I am looking forward to trying them out this year.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 PM

Would the Primos can be effective when bow season first comes in around here. Sept 1.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think all their can calls work pretty good. I just think you can over do it
That is exactly right. Their calls are great and work well (most of the time). I have called in many of bucks with 'the can' call. But yes, you can over do it. Remember, because youcall more does't make them want to come in more. Too much calling will make a mature buck go away simply because hehas been aroundand knows that calling isn'tnatural. My tip to you is....once you have turned a cruising buck around by 'the can', then put it in your pocket. Maybe throw in agrunt or twobut that is it. If the buck is coming in (even slowly), he very easily could continue comingin (even slowly). The only time I would recommend hitting'the can' again is if the buck looses interest and turns back around....then in desperation, try the call again. If he don't turn around...he probably isn't going to. This is when it would be ideal to have a doe decoy....especially when hunting inan open area. If a buck hears a bleat, but doesn't see a deer, then he will catch on. If you are hunting in a brushy or thick area, that my be enough to keep the buck curious and coming. Bottom line: most times during the rut, if you get a buck comingin to a estrous bleat andyou're using a doe decoy, then you changes of getting a shot at the buck is pretty good.(of course many thing could alter the outcome). Good Luck
Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 PM

I have that one and the big can. I called in my 2005 buck with the Original can. The deer came right to me and was looking for a doe. I dropped at 30 yards with my 30-30.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:27 PM

Thanks alot yall sounds like it works pretty good .
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good advice Zubba.

I can relate what Zubba is saying directly to waterfowl as well. Its a common teaching cliche (though a correct one), to tell audiences at seminars that as long as the ducks (or turkeys.. or deer), are coming your way, there is NOTHING that can make the situation any better than it already is. The game is yours to lose. You can always call again if they start to veer away or seem to lose interest. Calls do not really draw in ducks or turkeys (decoys do that), what calls do on birds and deer is to make them curious... their own natural curiosity is what will lead them to their demise.

Quick Reply: Primos The Original Can Deer Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.