HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   coffee (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/202347-coffee.html)

brucelanthier 08-15-2007 12:03 PM

coffee

On cold morning hunts does anyone take coffee (thermos)with them to drink while waiting for legal shooting time? I have done it gun hunting but distance and wind was not as big afactor.

I was just wondering because there will probably be a few mornings that get me out there at least a couple of hours before legal shooting times, just to get into position way ahead of the expected deer time.

Buffinator 08-15-2007 12:04 PM

RE: coffee

apples. they give a better wake-up than coffee.

GMMAT 08-15-2007 12:13 PM

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't take refreshments.

I took a couple of sandwiches and a bottled water for my only all-day sit, last year. Other than that.....I think I took a power bar maybe twice. I'm only out there for no more than 6 hours at a time.....and I'm good for that amount of time.

Never taken anything to eat/drinkfor a morning sit.....even in 14 degree weather. I just don't like the extra weight.

brucelanthier 08-15-2007 12:13 PM

LOL have those too but I do like my coffee in the morning.

gplant 08-15-2007 12:17 PM

Not me. I drink one cup and pee ten.

brucelanthier 08-15-2007 12:18 PM

I don't mind some weight. What I am looking for is if anyone thinks coffee is a bad idea because it can potentially alert a deer to my presence. I understand there are better things, lighter things, different things but is coffee a bad thing due to alerting deer to your presence?

Buffinator 08-15-2007 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

dont EVER mix apples and coffee. the aftertaste is strong enough to take down a small elephant [:'(]

RIStrutStopper 08-15-2007 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: gplant

Not me. I drink one cup and pee ten.
Amazing how that works, isn't it? Same here. I find that if I skip the coffee in the morning then I don't have to pee every 20 minutes. Usually relieve myself when I get out of the truck then I'm good to remain zipped until its time to leave.

StealthyOne 08-15-2007 12:36 PM

I love my coffee, but avoid it when going deer hunting for several reasons. First and foremost it smells. It contaminates the air, your breath and let's not even mention the implications of spilling some on your hunting clothes or hunting area...
Secondly, it makes me have to urinate every 20 minutes or so.

An apple will give you a boost (sugar) and quench your thirst. Oh and obviously provide a 'cover' scent.

rankbull 08-15-2007 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Buffinator

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

dont EVER mix apples and coffee. the aftertaste is strong enough to take down a small elephant [:'(]