Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pic of 60yrd. Group!! >

Pic of 60yrd. Group!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pic of 60yrd. Group!!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Default RE: Pic of 60yrd. Group!!

I dont think the guy is lieing. I shoot 60 yds with my bow all the time and i love shooting that far too. I think its a load of fun. i cant group them that tight but i did shoot a ground hog 2 days ago at 60 yds.
Also i feel very confident in shooting 60 yds. I know i wont be out there shooting every deer i see at 60 yds. But i KNOW that if there is a deer at 60 yds and it is not spooked and i can draw consentrate and make a good steady shot i know that arrow will go right there behind the shoulder. But like someone else mentioned i like to let them get in as close as they will come befor i shoot them. Thats what bowhunting is all about.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey buckmaster,
Again, great shooting. must have been cool walking up and seeing that.

Question. Does that yellow stuff stop the arrow real well? Is it easy to pull it out?
Say for instance someone wanted to take a cardboard box and fill it with that stuff, would it work? I've never seen it
Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 PM

I've never shot that tight before but would love to see that in my target some day (maybe about 6 inches lower though)

By the pic I'm guessing thats a Fred Bear Instinct or Element? any of those two?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a great group at 60 yards. That's a great group at 30 yards for that matter.

As far as if it's true or not, I'd like to think so just because it makes a cool story and pic. If it's not, meh, it's like watching TV, yeah it's not true, but it's still entertaining.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:44 PM

I believe ya'!

I posted I want to grow up to be just like you...I'm 51...I still want to grow up to be just like you! LOL

Il legtimus non carborendum...If ya' don't know what it means, pm me.[8D]
ORIGINAL: buck_master_101

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Dude just stop... That's not luck... Thats shooting 3 arrows at 10 yards and telling everybody you did it at 60... You might have a future in polotics
Are you running out things to say. awww thats a shame you just wanna stop.... Its like i said I DONT GIVE A CRAP WHAT YOU THINK!! Nobody else is having a problem believing it ya know why because they have done unthinkable things in there life too wich makes it not so hard to believe, Im sorry you have nothin better to do than cause problems because you have never enjoyed life enough to where every now and then the unthinkable happens.

Heres how it went, i was shootin around 30 groupin aroun 2.5" happy with that, my gf and brother and cousin was out watchin and i thought i would show off a little so i go my rangefinder out and went back to exactly 60yrds. my last pin. They said i couldnt shoot one that far so i Shot 3 arrows and all i could here was the thump of the target i had no idea where i had hit each time i was glad to be hitting the target notice the block underneath. well they had already lost interest big deal he hit it wow. so i walked up to the target and there it was, I was amazed so i took pics put them on here: 99% great shots and 1% liar. think i really care???NO!!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Hey buckmaster,
Again, great shooting. must have been cool walking up and seeing that.

Question. Does that yellow stuff stop the arrow real well? Is it easy to pull it out?
Say for instance someone wanted to take a cardboard box and fill it with that stuff, would it work? I've never seen it
its really easy removal im not sure how long it will last or how it will workin a carboard box but i have some left ill try it and try to get a pic psted for ya here in the next day or so
Old 08-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crittergiter

I've never shot that tight before but would love to see that in my target some day (maybe about 6 inches lower though)

By the pic I'm guessing thats a Fred Bear Instinct or Element? any of those
Yep your right, its a bear element. i love it, i got a great deal on it too.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:47 PM

sorry to bust your bubble but your picture defies all the laws of physics an arrow shot from even the fastest cross bow from 60 yds.will have a visible arc (arrow noc up) wereas your pic clearly shows yourarrow shafts perpindicular to the ground (you guessed it i dont buy it) p.s nice 20 yd. group
Old 08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brokin arrow

sorry to bust your bubble but your picture defies all the laws of physics an arrow shot from even the fastest cross bow from 60 yds.will have a visible arc (arrow noc up) wereas your pic clearly shows yourarrow shafts perpindicular to the ground (you guessed it i dont buy it) p.s nice 20 yd. group
Alright buddy listen to me! i hate nothin more than for someone to call me a liar!! I will shoot again from 60yrds and show you the terrain from where i shoot me bow there is a droop in my yard which makes me set just a little lower than my target... Ever think of that, and maybe youll try to say it wasnt a true 60yrds... well i used an leupold rxII with Then Inclinometer so there what now????
Old 08-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Il legtimus non carborendum..
Heh, we had that posted on the wall at our office for a while. [8D]

Quick Reply: Pic of 60yrd. Group!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.