HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Pic of 60yrd. Group!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/202332-pic-60yrd-group.html)

Finch 08-15-2007 11:28 AM

RE: Pic of 60yrd. Group!!

Where exactly were you aiming? Looks like it would be hard to aim at the exact same spotin all that foam. I'm just asking.

Good shooting.Doesn't get muchbetter than that at 60 yards.

gplant 08-15-2007 11:38 AM

Great shooting!!!!! With groups like that at 60 yards those 40 yard shots become so much easier.

buckmaster 08-15-2007 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: MN ARCHER

MY QUESTION IS WITH A TARGET LIKE THAT WHAT WAS HE
ACTUALLY SHOOTING AT THAT 8 INCH YELLOW SMUDGE.
Its called Great Stuff, poor mans vital replacement. and i was aiming lower than that but i was amazed more at the group rather than the shot placement, i dont group that good at 30yrds most of the time.

buckmaster 08-15-2007 12:26 PM

heres a couple of different angles

DannyD 08-15-2007 12:32 PM

That looks more like my 40 yard..errr 30...errr 10 yard...oh heck, i cant even stick em inthe target with my hand that close together.

Great shooting

pse x force hunter 08-15-2007 12:44 PM

if you are that good why do you have a block under the deer

r33h 08-15-2007 12:47 PM

Pretty impresive shooting from 60 yards....:)

buckmaster 08-15-2007 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: pse x force hunter

if you are that good why do you have a block under the deer
I like to shoot at spots too to make sure my left and right is good its hard to do that on a big yellow blob

SteveO KanevO 08-15-2007 02:19 PM

Just throwin my 2 cents in there. I read an article on a guy that claimed he could make consistent shots out to 90 yds with his bow. Pics and what not the story in the article was on an Oryx (I think) he shot at 92 yards. 1 shot - 1 animal. What I think should be done is that no one should step outside the boundry of their comfort zone. If the shot is risky and you have doubts = dont take the shot. I dont shoot past 30 yards. Plus thats the fun of bowhunting to me. Getting that close to the animals and following through with a good shot. That my friends is why I bowhunt.

Jim_IV 08-15-2007 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveO KanevO

Just throwin my 2 cents in there. I read an article on a guy that claimed he could make consistent shots out to 90 yds with his bow. Pics and what not the story in the article was on an Oryx (I think) he shot at 92 yards. 1 shot - 1 animal. What I think should be done is that no one should step outside the boundry of their comfort zone. If the shot is risky and you have doubts = dont take the shot. I dont shoot past 30 yards. Plus thats the fun of bowhunting to me. Getting that close to the animals and following through with a good shot. That my friends is why I bowhunt.
i dont thinkbuck master 101is saying he is going to shoot at 60 yards. shooting that far helps you fine tune your skills and become a better shot. twenty and thirty yards will be much easier in hunting conditions.

by the way buckmaster, great shooting, keep it up