Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Crop Report Northeast MO >

Crop Report Northeast MO

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crop Report Northeast MO

Old 08-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Crop Report Northeast MO

Heading to Shelby County MO at the end of Sept. Was wondering if anybody has been keeping an eye on the soybeans. I can look up rainfall for the area but have been having trouble finding out what the crops are doing. Everything in that area is either corn or soybeans. I found out last year that if the beans are yellow its not worth the time to hunt 'em.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:10 AM

Default RE: Crop Report Northeast MO

The weather in that area has been similar to where I am, so this is a fair representation I think.

The corn is drying out nicely. It will most likely all be harvested by the end of Sept. if not sooner.

The beans are a different story. The early beans are in good shape. They are just now beginning to turn yellow. The late beans are all but dead around here. By late beans I mean the ones that were planted after wheat was harvested. (see guys, we're talking about farming, so HARVEST is appropriate....) Anyway, if you have some late beans that survived the dry summer, they will still be green by season opener.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

North central to North west has been getting plenty of timely rains this year and the crops are looking great. Not near as dry as the rest of the state.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:28 PM

Great thanks for the info. I will scout the beans then. The property that I am hunting didnt have any corn last year but I dont know this year. All the corn was on an adjoining property I know whats going to happen though when they do harvest the corn. Every deer for a mile will hit that spot. Thanks again.

-Steve