Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Maybe I'm getting too old... >

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Old 08-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maybe I'm getting too old...

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Dude(INSERT COMMA) I had a few years of bow hunting on a 500 acre farm hear in Md. And the bowhunting was like taking candy from a baby... I swing by the far on my way to my public land, jump up in one of the perminent stands at 5:00pm and have 2 deer on the ground by 6:00pm... Drive my truck up too them, through them in the back and then go up the mountains for some REAL deer hunting... I did this several times... In 2 bow seasons on this farm I killed around 5 bucks and around 5 or 6 does... Some of these bucks were pretty decent 8 points with 18" spreads... I just cut the racks off and threw them in the shed... I've got 3 bucks mounted on my wall... Two 8pts and a 5 point... These deer were killed and mounted years before I killed the 5 bucks on the 500 acre farm... The public land deer ment something to me becuase I worked my tail off hunting these deer!!! The bucks off the 500 acre far were nothing more meat to me... Killing those deer was like shooting cows in a farmers field... "It is what it is"
I've said this before, you may not remember, a while ago during turkey season...that, I respect you and your decision to hunt public land. I also enjoy the challange of hunting some public land, but come on man. There is no reason to change nearly every topic you respond to, and or write yourself, into some kind of debate, or talking down to private land hunters. Just because someone does not hunt like you, does not make them any less of a hunter, I'm sure you know this, if not you are ignorant. All i'm trying to say is, hunt the way YOU WANT, and let others hunt the way THEY WANT, what is it to you anyway?

edit-i pointed out some errors, after all, isn't that what this topic is supposed to be about??

I'll tell you why the public land subject comes up...It started out with some stuck up juppy critizing people for there spelling... It rubbed me the wrong way... I am not the worlds best speller and I took it as a personnal insult to me... So after I responded this person cam back and it was on... My gut feeling was this is someNON HUNTING RICH !@#$... That hunts some big farm in Illinos and kills monster bucks every year and thinks he some kind of authority in the deer hunting world... So I just let loose... And after reading further down his post I knew my gut was right... So there... That is were the public verses private debate started...

I just cant stand it... Take one of these F!@# sticks off there prime private propertys anddrop them in some heavily hunted whitetail woods in the northeast and there done... Stick a fork in um... They prob would hunt no more than 50 feet from the road... If they couldn't see there trucks or the farm house they would get out of there stands at the first sign of darkness...Hell he prob gets out of his stand on his privateproperty before he needs a flash light to see
Old 08-15-2007, 12:40 AM

LONGBEARD, if you would read my past posts i did say private land hunting is better than public. If ive said it once i have said it 100 times. I live in Missouri, its getting leased the same way, i am in south east missouri, not the north which is know for alot of deer and alot of good deer. The deer on public land are no smarter than deer on private land, the key is pressure. I will gurantee if you would get you lazy arse off the couch, dust the potatoe chip crumbs off of your shirt and get out and WORK FOR SOME PRIVATE GROUND, you will get it. I dont think anyone feels sorry for you, when you come up with a decent argument post back but for know easy on the beer big guy
Old 08-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I type slow...

Hey I cant help it I didn't take up typing in high school with the rest of the girls

Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM

So now you are calling a private land hunter a non-hunter?

Also, to type fast, all it takes is a little brain power, which you seem to be short on.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted some game and fish department land last year. I got into my stand early, probably an hour before anyone else showed up. The good thing about public land, is that alot ofidiots hunt it. When theseidiots get into the woods they tend to spook deermy way.When other hunters show up later,every deer in the forest was under my stand.Easiest hunt of my life, killed a buck and a doe.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It started out with some stuck up juppy critizing people for there spelling
He was asking a question.

It rubbed me the wrong way... I am not the worlds best speller and I took it as a personnal insult to me...
Why you would take that as a PERSONAL insult is beyond me, I think you may have some self esteem issues.

So after I responded this person cam back and it was on... My gut feeling was this is some NON HUNTING RICH !@#$... That hunts some big farm in Illinos and kills monster bucks every year and thinks he some kind of authority in the deer hunting world... So I just let loose... And after reading further down his post I knew my gut was right... So there... That is were the public verses private debate started...
"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind", you were "insulted" and then proceeded to insult just about anyone and everyone who hunts private land.

I just cant stand it... Take one of these F!@# sticks off there prime private propertys and drop them in some heavily hunted whitetail woods in the northeast and there done... Stick a fork in um... They prob would hunt no more than 50 feet from the road... If they couldn't see there trucks or the farm house they would get out of there stands at the first sign of darkness... Hell he prob gets out of his stand on his private property before he needs a flash light to see

I'm done arguing/debating with you, I should have known better since its happened before, my bad.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

I type slow...

Hey I cant help it I didn't take up typing in high school with the rest of the girls

Thats why i took it, the girls. Did you happen to go to a public school
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 AM

Outdoormafia, great post, maybe he will relize that he looks like an idiot.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easiest hunt of my life, killed a buck and a doe.
ORIGINAL: goos_blues

I hunted some game and fish department land last year. I got into my stand early, probably an hour before anyone else showed up. The good thing about public land, is that alot ofidiots hunt it. When theseidiots get into the woods they tend to spook deermy way.When other hunters show up later,every deer in the forest was under my stand.Easiest hunt of my life, killed a buck and a doe.
great, you just ruined Longbeards entire point.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

IM DONE NOW, HAPPY HUNTING TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT(morning)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.