Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Maybe I'm getting too old... >

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maybe I'm getting too old...

Well if the public land is so great and you only live 2 miles from it... Why even bother with the private land...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 AM

When did i say public land was great.?? You must be drunk because i dont remember posting that.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Dude(INSERT COMMA) I had a few years of bow hunting on a 500 acre farm hear in Md. And the bowhunting was like taking candy from a baby... I swing by the far on my way to my public land, jump up in one of the perminent stands at 5:00pm and have 2 deer on the ground by 6:00pm... Drive my truck up too them, through them in the back and then go up the mountains for some REAL deer hunting... I did this several times... In 2 bow seasons on this farm I killed around 5 bucks and around 5 or 6 does... Some of these bucks were pretty decent 8 points with 18" spreads... I just cut the racks off and threw them in the shed... I've got 3 bucks mounted on my wall... Two 8pts and a 5 point... These deer were killed and mounted years before I killed the 5 bucks on the 500 acre farm... The public land deer ment something to me becuase I worked my tail off hunting these deer!!! The bucks off the 500 acre far were nothing more meat to me... Killing those deer was like shooting cows in a farmers field... "It is what it is"
I've said this before, you may not remember, a while ago during turkey season...that, I respect you and your decision to hunt public land. I also enjoy the challange of hunting some public land, but come on man. There is no reason to change nearly every topic you respond to, and or write yourself, into some kind of debate, or talking down to private land hunters. Just because someone does not hunt like you, does not make them any less of a hunter, I'm sure you know this, if not you are ignorant. All i'm trying to say is, hunt the way YOU WANT, and let others hunt the way THEY WANT, what is it to you anyway?

edit-i pointed out some errors, after all, isn't that what this topic is supposed to be about??
Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This may come as a news flash to ya... But in the state of Md... Trying to find private property to hunt on is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack... THE WHOLE ENTIRE EASTERN SHORE IS LEASED UP!!!!!!

Now what state do you hunt????
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Why does anyone bother trying to have an itelligent conversation with Longbeard. As Borat would say "he is a retard!"
Old 08-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter4life

In response to Mr.Longbeards pm that was sent toLucky Dog

I am almost positive, correct me if i am wrong please, that the deer that are hunted 2 miles from one of my private farms is infact the same species of deer that are roaming my farm. This would lead me to believe that since both properties areNOT high fenced,that i amDEER HUNTING no matter if i am on public or private ground.Just because my property is not getting hammered with preasure, does not make them any less smart. THINK YOUR COMMENTS THROUGH LONGBEARD. Do not say that i am not a Deer Hunter just because i hunt private land.
Hey Bowhunter4life, don'tworry yourself even a little about Longbeard! I've been on this forum long enough to tell ya, for every retard like him, there are 500 good dudes. I really don't think he is as bad as he is coming off tonight and who knows, tomorrow maybe he willfill us in on how to kill deer on properties that suck!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter4life

When did i say public land was great.?? You must be drunk because i dont remember posting that.

So what are you saying... That the public land is hard to hunt... And that you have better luck on private property[]
Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate the silent treatment
Old 08-15-2007, 12:15 AM

This private land debate is going on everywhere. You would think that in a place like Idaho their would be a lot of public ground to hunt. Compared to back east, I am sure this is true, not looking for any sympathy. The problem with many landowners is that they think that the non domesticated animals that cross their land also belong to them. I don't dispute the rights of the landowner, but when a hunter tries every ethical way their is to hunt animals in a specific area, and the landowners are complaining about deer eating their gardens, I don't understand why it is so hard to get permission to hunt their ground. Especially when you try everything to make it worth their while, not leave gut piles, not shoot animals in their vicinity or in front of their kids, buy dinneretc. I am not trying to take sides, but I do lean slightly towards the side of public ground hunting, and working towards its improvement. Have not had good luck with getting permission to hunt private ground.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

what a waste of my morning[&o] thanks for all the replys longbeard, you should try to get in with team void, you would fit in great. Hope everyone has a great wed. and keep working on that spelling and grammar, it will come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.