Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2" Blazers when using a Whisker Biscuit Rest >

2" Blazers when using a Whisker Biscuit Rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2" Blazers when using a Whisker Biscuit Rest

Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Default RE: 2" Blazers when using a Whisker Biscuit Rest

I couldn't suggest anything better than the blazer vanes for a whisker biscuit. They are more durable than your average 4 inch vane. I had the same problem and then I switched to and I've been using blazers for almost a year now.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a WB also. I was wanting to switch to the blazers. I am right handed (if that makes a different)and was wanting to know the best helical sp? you put on your blazers to get the best flight. I was wanting to try puting on blazers myself, but hadn't had time.
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: crutch

I shoot a WB also. I was wanting to switch to the blazers. I am right handed (if that makes a different)and was wanting to know the best helical sp? you put on your blazers to get the best flight. I was wanting to try puting on blazers myself, but hadn't had time.
Thanks!
I keep mine straight with 2 degree offset, works great, quiet and they dont tear up vanes or whiskers.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:17 PM

I have shot 2" Blazers through my WB for a couple years now and have had zero issues. Never had a problem with 4 inch Duravanes either but I just bought some Blazers one day because I wanted to see if they improved broadhead flight...........never looked back.

I fletch all my own arrows with Goat Tuff glue as well. Best stuff going. I have set my Blazers in just about every way from straight to helical with no problems.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:44 AM

I went to a WB a couple years ago and was shooting 4" vanes. After replacing a half dozen arrows (vanes) I decided to try something different. My local pro-shop asked if I have every tried a 2' blazer. I tried it and it worked perfectly. No more ravelled vanes, no more torn vanes and more accurate. The reason the 2" blazers work so good with the WB is because they are more thicker and more durable than the 4" vanes.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

great combo, thats what i have been shooting for the past couple years now
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 AM

I just switched to a WB. I was tired of my arrow falling off my rest and I have 4" standard vanes on my Beman ICS and after a couple of rounds I noticed that the vanes were breaking apart from the arrow. Im glad somebody posted this. I have been wanting to try the Blazer Vanes now I have a reason. Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

i HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY BEMAN ICS HUNTERS FROM MY WB. IT LOOKS LIKEA TRIP TO THE PRO SHOP THIS WEEKEND FOR THE 2" VANES.THIS WEBSITE IS GREAT FOR US INEXPERIENCED BOWHUNTERS.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:19 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SteveO KanevO

I just switched to a WB. I was tired of my arrow falling off my rest and I have 4" standard vanes on my Beman ICS and after a couple of rounds I noticed that the vanes were breaking apart from the arrow. Im glad somebody posted this. I have been wanting to try the Blazer Vanes now I have a reason. Thanks
A quick fix until you canmake the change is to put a drop of super glue at that spot on all the vanes. Fixes that problem for good.