Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell) >

ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Ino longeruse the stuff anymore but I know that the carbon actually does have a smell....It smells a little like wet paint. All suits I have smelled have the same exact wet paint smell.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I owna set of Scent-Lok, and if I recall it so do not wash with ANY type of detergent. I usually rinse mine to keepfrom becoming soiled, then spin dry'em, put'em in plastic sealed bag. Haven't been winded more than two or three times in the last 2 years.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once you start getting winded when wearing the suit, you won't worry about it too much....
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: statjunk

You are mistaken. The suit can't smell. It has scent blocker. It is scientifically proven.

Tom
i hope this is a joke
Old 08-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

In actuality you are supposed to dryer dry them to activate the carbon in it, I have read that you cannot get the dryer hot enough to actually reactivate the carbon fully, BUT, it will help activate it some.. I have spent a ton of money on scentlok and scentblocker suits and stuff and yes I do believe that if you shower with scentkiller soap and use body wash and scent killer on your clothes that you will be just as well off but it is a confidence thing...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought a few universities did some research on killing human scent and they found that the spray was the best....cant remeber where i read it though
Old 08-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

I thought a few universities did some research on killing human scent and they found that the spray was the best....cant remeber where i read it though
I recalled something like that and I want to say it was Rutgers who did the study. I'm reading a book called bowhunting pressured whitetails and the author mentions his scentlock suit at every chance. While the book has great info I will not be rushing out to buy one of these.

Scent control is important and necessary to kill mature deer. However, you don't need a $300 suit to accomplish this. Use the $10 spray and save your money to buy your nagging wife whatever her heart desires.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it is the smell of getting ripped off.I dont even use the spray anymore, just rubber boots & climb 20-25ft
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bryant1

Maybe it is the smell of getting ripped off.
It can't have that scent either. Totally impossible. It has scent blocker remember.

Tom

Quick Reply: ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.