Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell) >

ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

Old 08-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

I got me a scentblocker suit last year(DreamSeason one) but I wound up not wearing much because I was'nt for sure about it.When my wife washed the jacket (with carbon detergent)she had left one of the stickers on it.I got it out and seen little balls of glue all over it and it took me forever to get them all off.But they are all off now.It had a funny smell but I figured it was because of the glue.I rewashed it and it stillhad the same smell.I can't really describe the smell.Kind of a clean smell.Later I got the pants and they smell the same way.I know it was'nt the washer because none of my other clothes smell this way.I can't smell a thing with my other clothes which I wash seperatly with regular scent free detergent.I did'nt know if it was the carbon or what.That seems to beprimarally where the smell comes from.Seems to methat the deer would smell it.Just figured I'd throw it out there and see what you guys thought.I spent a lot of money on it and right now it feels like it's working totally against me.
Thanks,
JE
Old 08-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

I have scentlok and scentblocker suits, jackets, underlayers, facemasks, gloves and boots and have had no problems with them at all... wont hunt without them...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:16 PM

how long are you drying it for? you are only supposed to dry it for a real short period and then hang dry it. If you dry in a dryer til it is completely dry you will most likely get a strong carbon smell.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Spike

I can definitly tell the difference in the smell when i drymy scentblockerin a dryer and when i hang them outside. Hang drying is definily the way to go!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know that smell your talking about...dont know anything about it though!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are mistaken. The suit can't smell. It has scent blocker. It is scientifically proven.

Tom
Old 08-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

I have'nt dried it for long periods.I went by the instructions.I'll try and hang dry it then activate it in the dryer.
Thanks,
JE
Old 08-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not trying to rip anyone that has this type of suit, but I think they are junk. If you believe in odor blocking technology why not buy the $9 spray on stuff and save your money?

Plus, there are other methods to being scent free i.e. go to your hunting location and gather up pine trees, old leaves etc.. then put all that in panty hose and put it in with your clothes in a rubbermade sealable bucket and be done with it. Hunters who have used the above method have been killing lots of deer for years before this scentlock stuff came out. But, that is just my .02 cents.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Carbon clothin not working? Wow. Theres a first. Maybe it "absorbed" that smell from something else. now you need to put it in your house hold dryer which everyone knows gets hot enough to reactivate carbon w/o turning everything else into ash. [:'(]
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's the smell of death, LOL

Quick Reply: ScentBlocker Suit???(Has A Smell)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.