Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRESSPASSERES

Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default TRESSPASSERES

SO WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP PEOPLE OFFOF YOUR LAND I.E. A FENCE SIGNS OR DO YOU JUST LET PEOPLE COME AND GO AS THEY LIKE AND HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO GO AS FAR TO HAVE SOME ONBE LOCKED UP

ALSO IF ANYONE EVER HAS ANY TROUBLE JUST WALK UP TELL THEM YOU TARGET SHOOT WITH A AR 15 AND YOU MIGHT HAPPEN TO SHOOT THEM BY MISTAKE OF COURSE

Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: TRESSPASSERES

PETA signs
Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 PM

My family and I take down the treestands. Surprisingly a lot of the trespassers have their name and phone numbers written on the stands. Amazingly, when we call most refuse to come get the stands or tell us that they have no idea how they got on our property.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

On 800 acres, so far we have no trouble. We simply keep fresh signs posted and limbs cleared away rom them when everything greens up.
I live on one corner of the property and my buddy lives on the next road behind me also boardering a corner of the property. Two other guys live very near by also so it gets policed pretty good. There is not a good place to park without getting caught unless there is dropoffs we havent caught yet.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:38 PM

I dont own land but i hunt private and i lock up all my tree stands...(ladders and hang ons) and i post signs...i have confronted one guy and he said he didnt see the signs and apologized and left...he was a nice guy and i kida believe him...havent seen him yet.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not all trespassing is intentional. Sometimes you do end up where you don't want to be. Everyone has the roads posted but sometimes they neglect to post the inside edges.
I am more concerned about their intent on the pieces I hunt and stay out of my stands as no way you can't know those are not yours.
The rule in this state is 75 ft apart for posted signs but no one follows it.
I don't want to be where I'm not supposed to be. It's not as much fun..
Old 08-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

We put signs on everything and it does little good. Most of our problems seem to stem from out of state hunters who dont seem to care less where they hunt or who they irritate. They're here for a week, they've paid their money and they're after a monster buck. Either that sort of deal or the influx of "hunters" from Chicago who don't do much more than drink lots of beer and push deer to the center of our farm from national forest land. (That's not to say everyone from Chicago is like this.)

I always confront, and with all the signs and fences we have up, I can usually point to a few they had to walk past to get where they're at.

Turkey season I had some guys come right in on me. I just sat there and didn't move. At about 5 feet I calmly and politely said "One more step and I'll cut your legs off." Truth be told, my bark is the only thing that's ever been tested. I'm not sure I'd really know how to bite. But those guys pissed themselves and beat bushes backwards.

Its been that way every year I've hunted---about 30 to be exact---and I dont suspect it will ever change. It just stinks to work all year for deer season and then wind up spending it with a bunch of uninvited morons.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

we have electric wire surrounding our property to keep horses in and works to keep people out
Old 08-10-2007, 08:36 PM

Default RE: TRESPASSERS

I hate trespassers, the laws are so weak. My property is completely fenced and postedand Icaught someone turkeyhunting2 yrs ago. I could not get him to leave. He claimed the owner told himhe could hunt there. Trouble is I have been the owner for 5 years.He finally left. I always carry a gun now. I had all of my no trespassing signs stolen this year.Had to re-post.Someone stole my reflectors off my posts and the ones on the poles at my culverts. Might have to use the three "S"s if I catch them. Stands, feeder and camshave not been stolen yet but give them time.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TRESPASSERS

It seems like I see more problems with the people thinking they have permission because they hunted once or twice in the past. Or the ‘neighbor’ who happened to drive by and just thinks it’s not that big of deal. Those “No Hunting” signs couldn’t be for them…

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.