Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRESSPASSERES

Old 08-10-2007, 10:59 PM

Default RE: TRESSPASSERES

I use sighns and the help of a neibor .
Old 08-11-2007, 08:03 AM

Default RE: TRESPASSERS

Treaspassing is a huge deal.

But dont get carried away. I was on a guys property last year & didnt know it. There were no signs & no indication of a property change. I was tracking a deer through the thickest of underbrush & thought I was going one direction when I must of went the other direction.

It was a huge deal & almost ruined my season. I am self conciouse about upsetting other hunters on my own land let alone someone else's.

Just remember to be professional. Lets not get a reputation as hunters that will give the extremest groups a foothold on ruining our fun.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am perpering to buy some hunting land and this is one of if not the biggest dread i have with it my hunting land will be a few miels from my house which makes a bigger proplem for me i plan to post these poles that are hard plastic that can't just be pulled off a tree or out of the ground and i will post near the road a sign that says reward for reporting tresspasser with my phone number and if that does not work i plan to set up this inferred security cameras that are black and about as big as a broadhead that you can not see as i will have a few stands trail cams and feeders which i do not wont to buy monthly

Old 08-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why not just let them hunt it... It's not going to make the deer any harder to hunt... Hell public land is probobly some of the easiest land there is to hunt
Old 08-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

longbeard it is not so much the hunting expebt i will have a small tract of land but it is that fact they do not ask and the destory thign most of the time steal stuff leave messes
if soem one asked me i would say yes under rules also they would have to sign a release as alot of people do not know if say your hunting my land and shoot yourself you can sue me because your on my land weather i let you there or not

also as you just say why not just let them hunt i would guesse you have never had you own land
Old 08-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion people running around your land WILL make the deer harder to hunt. Granted I’ve enjoyed some success on public land, but I would rather hunt on good private ‘restricted’ ground 100% of the time…
Old 08-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Post it and patrol it. We do that here and it makes a difference. Sure it get heated sometimes but the land owner always wins. Tresspassers dont have permission, and they leave even if a CO has to be called. Ive seen it almost come to fist fighting. But the tresspasser always leaves...
Old 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM

We dont have too many fences, hardly any signs, and we dont watch and patrol it like we should either ...we've only had one group of 3 guys try the risk of trespassing on us and all they came to do was steal diesel gas from our tank and they had been doing it for a while cause i noticed the shortage in diesel fuel from the tank. So I sat behind the barn with my trusty mossberg for a couple of nights till onenight they came over the hill and i let loose and emptied my gun straight in the air and it was almost the funniest thing i ever saw because all 3 of them dropped their gas tanks and ran yellin at each other over who to drive the truck out of there . Though I got 6 new gas tanks that nightand I belive the word got around to the locals onnot totrespass out to our property and that happened several years ago so we've been darn lucky about that .
Old 08-12-2007, 04:29 PM

THIS MAKE ME SICK I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT POST THEIR LAND AND WANT TO HUNT YOURS YOU TELL THEM IF I CAN HUNT YOURS YOU CAN HUNT MINE BUT THEY GET MADDDDDDD VERY MAD WHEN YOU KILL A DEER ON THEIR LAND THEY TELL YOU NOT TO HUNT NO MORE ON THEIR LAND BUT STILL SNEAK ON YOURS ................ THE WAY I LOOK AT IT IF YOU HUNT YOU SHOULD LET OTHERS HUNT YOUR LAND AS WELL....BUT SOME PEOPLE JUST HAVE THEIR HEAD UP SOMEWHERE
Old 08-12-2007, 04:49 PM

We have 4000 acres with public roads crossing through. It is almost impossible to keep them out completely. Our main thing is we have a big barbeque and camp fire setup most evenings and the local Sherrif and Two Wildlife Agents are invited anytime to stop by have a cup of coffee, beer, chicken, whatever keeps them interested in watching our land. I also have all thier cell numbers on speed dial on my phone as well as the forestry service in case of fire. Happened three times. Two cars stolen and burned causing fire.
Eric S. Stacy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.