2004 Muzzle loader (Read story before Looking) you all won't believe this one. I was hunting out in Sidney this past weekend for..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Still think Head Shots are a good choice??? >

Still think Head Shots are a good choice???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Still think Head Shots are a good choice???

Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Still think Head Shots are a good choice???

Hope your Blessed with a Monster for being so careing. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Browning_1

I posted this for all the people that think head shots are a good idea. If it changes just one persons mind on the matter it was worth it.
People that are unethical enough to take such shots are not easily swayed ,I would guess that such picture will be used ten fold more times by P.E.T.A. showing how cruel hunters and bow hunting in general are than by ethical hunters trying to changing some numb nuts mind about taking such a shot.
Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot ,in my mind it was a foolish thing to post on a public forum. A so called lose .....lose for hunting in general.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BKE

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Well, on the bright side that will make one very cool skullmount.[&:]
I'm sure it's just me, Icouldn'tput him on the wall that way. []
BKE, agreed. My sarcasm was lost in digital translation.

I also agree that nothing really good can come from a picture like that on a public forum.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

That is just upsetting. I hope Karma taps on the should of who ever took that shot.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Man that makes my head hurt . Good job on doing the right thing.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:19 PM

Head shot on a deer with a bow??? not in a million years. I would never try one...

Head shot on a deer with a rifle??? why not? growing up my grandfather always shot deer in the head, account he said that way he didn't mess up ANY meat. I have never tried for a head shot...but I've shot a doe in the base of the neck before.

The hell with PETA...why is it that some hunters feel we must try and hide the nature of our great sport.
many years ago not one person would have said the first cross word about that picture...but my how times change.

It seems that PETA is already having an effect on hunters....turning hunters against hunters account their PETA views have been pushed on us to the point that "we" bash each other, or fill a need to hide the few bad things that happen every now and again.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Amaseing how most assume this was a deliberate shot placement[:'(]. Could it not have been a matter of the deer jumping the string and turning while doing so? The power ofassumption ceases to amaze me[:@].
Old 08-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed! It looks as if the deer was hard quartering away. Im guess ing he shot over the back. Ended up in the head. I remember a video on here last fall where a deer was quartering twards the archer and he shot over its back. Turn the angle and whala you have a arrow nestled into one deers skull!

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Amaseing how most assume this was a deliberate shot placement[:'(]. Could it not have been a matter of the deer jumping the string and turning while doing so? The power ofassumption ceases to amaze me[:@].
Old 08-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

This happened a few years ago near me. My uncle was spotting and saw a MONSTER with an arrow sticking out of its head. Lord only knows when it happened, but maybe he got the arrow in the headand in turnmade him a monster. Regardless, it's a poor shot and I wouldn't take it, but thinkin back when I first started bowhunting, or gunhunting for that matter,and the excitement I had......I may have taken a head shot if its all I had. I can't really say that the shot was a matter of ethics or maybe it was, but we've all had that buck or deernear us when we first started hunting and have taken a poor shot that we may not take today. Anybody who says they haven't and havesome experience under their belt has either been extremely lucky orisn't being completely honest with themselves. What it comes down to it is that you learn. Lets admit it, we weren't Chuck Adams starting out and and we've all made bad choices. What bothers me is the fact that there are people here wanting to hide this type of thing from the site. It's hunting, poor shot or not, it's hunting.The fact that there are others willing or wanting to hide what can and does happen while doing it is whats going to bring this sport to and end and let PETA have their say. Stop trying to hide the bad hunts and put them out there more so people can realize and not do the same thing. Anyone who has been here during a bow season knows the amount of "perfect double lung" shots that get away....a head shot is no different than making a poor body shot. Lets start being real with ourselves.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that guy does not call himself a bowhunter!

Quick Reply: Still think Head Shots are a good choice???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.