HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Deer know When. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/201502-deer-know-when.html)

buckmaster 08-09-2007 10:33 PM

Deer know When.

I firmly believe that deer have it down to the day of when huntin season opens, could be just me but ill see deer all year and when huntin season comes around the pickens are few what do yall think?

diehardhunter 08-09-2007 10:40 PM

RE: Deer know When.

Definately, last year I watched to P&Y bucks all summer long. Every night they where under my stand. I was so excited to hunt that night and never saw those 2 deer all season.

Die Hard

38 Days!

Skippy Archer 08-09-2007 11:15 PM

I wish I knew how they did it,around here they know exactly when it starts.

I think they hear the pickup trucks roll in the night beforeand not leave. They have to hear the beer flowing and howling at the moon and all and just head for the hills.

goos_blues 08-09-2007 11:42 PM

I was kinda thinking the same thing. People have begun combining around here and there's tractors rolling around all other the place. I kinda think it corresponds with the deer getting a little more nervous.

GMMAT 08-10-2007 03:44 AM

I guess they correlate it with when those smelly guys start leaving a lot more scent in THEIR woods. Maybe associate it with that human walking into their area ......thinking nothing is seeing, hearing or smelling him. It could also be a couple days after most yahoos sight in their rifles.......or maybe a few days after they see, hear and smell the guys climbing all the trees. Many places.....it's also a couple days (or even THE day) the food starts appearing on the ground.

They'r enot that smart.....but they're far from stupid.

huntnma 08-10-2007 04:30 AM

the squirrels tell the turkey . they tell the deer. the deer tell the squirrels and the hogs are on guard all of the time, lol......its a vicious cycle, lol.....

Bullet Hole Bailey 08-10-2007 07:17 AM

I believe that they defenitely know but in areas wthout much or any pressure on them, they still hang around.

LebeauHunter 08-10-2007 07:43 AM

All the woodland creatures sing "the hunters are coming, the hunters are coming," to a nice
Disney melody. [8D]

Could it be the tenfold increase in human activity, along with the four wheelers, shooting, etc.?
The gun season also coincides with squirrel and duck hunting, so it sounds like WWIII out there some days.

I think this is an advantage for archery depending on where you hunt. Where I'm at a lot
of people don't bowhunt, so the deer don't usually have their game face on yet.

greenboy 08-10-2007 08:42 AM

i think that they dont know the date but they know the danger is there come fall:eek:

Red Lion 08-10-2007 08:45 AM

Where I hunt for bow season, deer do not have a clue season has started. I think it is because there is not much hunting precense during bow season.