Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC). >

I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Old 08-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Is that for everything Rick. I was thinking they were like NY and you could just buy the Archery tag for less. Heck, even at 180 you get in a LOT of hunting.
Tags are extra.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Rob, sorry to hear the bad news. hope it heals fast....expect to loose alot of muscle mass in that calf from the lack of use.
take care speedy recovery- Pat
Old 08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen.

-DeerSlayer-, well as far as bad luck, it could be worse, it could have happened a month from now and made me miss the whole shooting match..lol

AK NIMROD, thanks my Alaskan friend. I suspect that, I reach down there and think it's happened already in 3 days..lol I'm hoping the Doc will still let me lift upper body. I've got a great start on it and would hate to start over again....will but hate it..lol
Old 08-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, I still lifted upper body. I did this to keep some blood flowing. I believe in kinda a holistic approach, if the body was buildingand/ormaintaing muscle and the endorphines were flowing, recovery would be quicker.When the cast first came off I thought my calf was small..but in a couple days it has rebounded. I'm not saying the definition is there like the other leg. But the mass is there.
The Dr. even said that perhapsan overdeveloped calf muscle was some of the cause of the rupture. Since you do a lot of climbing, you're probably similiar.
Anyway, I did manage to take my first crutchless steps this afternoon (with the walking boot for support). The journey seems a long one (and it is, forus active types) but there is a definite timeline involved and you'll get through it.
I even had an extended shooting session this evening and got sighted in, out to 50 yards.(I had the luxury of an arrow chaser lol). I shot very well considerring it was all off the back foot.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heal fast Rob. Think about haw "Unpressured" and "in the Rut" your deer will be when you finally do get to go out!

GOod luck - I'll look for you &your deer's picture.

FH
Old 08-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gr8, it was gr8 .lol talking with you on the phone. We'll do that again. I'm glad to hear that I can maintain the upper body lifting. I've been doing so since Jan and have one hell of a gr8..lol start. I'd hate to let all that go. As soon as some of this pain subsides, I'll get back at it. I also appreciated the information you were able to give me. I agree with you also, strong in mind, strong in body. I'm glad to hear your progress is coming along. You'll be out there in time and I'll get out there in prime time. Isn't that gr8...lol

farm hunter, thanks and that's what will keep me going, unpressured rutting whitetails.... In the past, I hunted these stands hard and still, still saw some tremendous whitetails. This might be the ticket, fresh stands during the rut....hoo yaa...lol and thanks for the help in the food plot, the only downfall, I won't be able to go tend them....it will be what it will be come Nov. Next year I'll redo it all.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of you misfortune. I will gladly put some time in your stands so the deer don't think anything is wrong.lol

I'll be talking to you soon and get well my friend. WAGS
Old 08-12-2007, 03:05 PM

I hate to hear that. I am presently nursing a bad sprained ankle. Itsbeen 2 months and it still gives out when I step on anything that turns my foot. Anyway hope your injury recovers soon.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

tkycaller, thanks Wags and thanks for the phone call I really appreciate it. I've got nothing but time to heal at this point. Hey, you know your welcome in my stands anytime. I can watch from afar in the comfy of my truck...lol my deer are my friends deer.

Philg, make sure that ankle heels too so you'll be out there and not in my boat. It's no picnic and I wouldn't wish it on anyone....well almost no one..
Old 08-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Man Rob, sure am sorry to hear this. I'm glad it's not worse, but man.......Wish it wouldn't have happened at all. I know you don't much like lying around all the time.

Quick Reply: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.