Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For those that don't think location or numbers matter >

For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM

Default RE: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

ORIGINAL: Germ

Where did I say that? "I don't shoot big deer because of where I live" Is that not true? You have posted it many many times.
Show me just ONE instance where I complained about deer I shoot. You can't and never will be able to because I have never and never will complain about my hunting situation.

You enjoy hunting100% for sure.
Agreed.

You love to whine about others for some reason.
Disagree...........I think others pass off the truth as whining because they don't want to face it.

I also don't care what Wolfen, Buckeye, Hunsucker, Shed33 or anyone else shoots.
Nor do I.

Go check your post I have done nothing but made nice comments when you post a deer you have taken. In this very thread I have said you are 100% correct.
So??.........you act like I made this thread about you or something. I didn't

Where we differ I do not post thread after thread of why I do not kill a certain type of deer.
Nor do I.

You post the same tired dribble post after post. Funny you want guys to leave you alone about what they kill, but you want to cheapin their kills by posting it is all about location.
You really have a vivid imagination.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Germ

1. You have to have them

2. You have to work hard

I think you will agree if youhave them or not you have to do number 2 to consistantly kill whitetails.
You have to work.............I'll leave it at that
Atlas, you seem pretty bold to be commenting on how hard you think someone works. I don't think the lack of deer is your problem. I think the problem is that you spend all your time on this website making excuses. My god, get out and hang a stand or something. Wasting all your time on this site trying to make everyone angry, isn't going to kill a deer for you this year.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Manuman,I think maybe we could all use some counseling! Perhaps someone here knows the author,I have read that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing the same way over and over and expecting a different result.
Talondale,I have read about the things you were speaking about and they absolutely makes sense.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:59 PM

why get your panties in a bunch about rack size and location.

rack size, yea those states you mentioned average out far bigger racks than say PA or NY.

but, lets talk strictly mature whitetails, ignoring rack size. Logically, you have just as good of a chance at a MATURE whitetail in NY PA or even NC than you do here in KY IL or MO. that is if you work at it, by passing up your beloved fork horns and waiting for a old aged deer. rack size will come with age, maybe not as big as in the midwest.

so if your talking strictly rack size, then yes the midwest is the place to be. but since youve stated mature bucks several times in this thread, i can only assume your talkin about age, and old deer are just as plentiful in NY as Michael Hunsuckers property. Or actually i should say they can be just as plentiful, if you would quit shooting the young ones. which gets back to the button buck slayers WHINING about no old deer to pursue.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm, sorta reminds me of something Mr. Don Higgins wrote in his book about "how much will you sacrifice to be consistent on taking mature bucks?" I know he must have said something about this, it's on the tip of my tongue. Maybe you can remember it and QUOTE it for me atlasman.[:-]

LT
See above.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Site Bouncer

I think locationis thekey factorfor getting on big bucks. I live and hunt in Illinois andthe areas that I hunt in I see big bucks every year and I'm not even in the "big buck beltway" that cuts through the middle western part of the state.

I also believe that if you pass on the same buck year after year and assuming so do all others that you hunt with, those deer IMO become EASIER to hunt as they age. Why? because they will feel slightly less alarmed with your presence because they will not equate your smell (no matter how faint) with danger.

I have hunted an area thatwas very close to public buildings (mainly a parking lot)and I can say without a doubt those deer had grownaccustomed to people, their voices, their smell and everything that has to do with civilization. We slaughtered them that day, between three hunters (The two brothers who owned the property and myself) we killed 7 deer in the course of an evenings hunt. One of which was a very big buck (130-140 range). That was my first and only triple kill day, I have had a few doubles but those usually took all day, I was able to put these three deer on the ground after getting into my stand at 1:30 pm.

I wonder what it would have been like had most of them been bucks instead of does....... I suspect the results would have been the same.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

...........I think others pass off the truth as whining because they don't want to face it.
I don't see how anybody could face the truth. Location matters. OHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!.

Prozac will help others thru the hard times
Old 08-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just sat back and let the pack attack and after the name calling ,finger pointing and unfounded accusations ,andin the end we all come to the same conclusion,if you hunt where big bucks live you are more likely to shoot big bucks ,if you hunt big bucks in Key West your chances are diminished.

Its not rocket science so I know some of you won't get it.

Germ I took offense to the PA sucks statement,
That was not called for.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I just sat back and let the pack attack and after the name calling ,finger pointing and unfounded accusations ,andin the end we all come to the same conclusion,if you hunt where big bucks live you are more likely to shoot big bucks ,if you hunt big bucks in Key West your chances are diminished.

Its not rocket science so I know some of you won't get it. quote]

I think location is important is something that has been discussed and aggreed with from everyone. What part of that, is such rocket science that you don't get it?

This thread is worthless!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Its not rocket science so I know some of you won't get it.

Germ I took offense to the PA sucks statement,
That was not called for.
Sorry man 1 in 7000 chance you guys have. I will re-word it, "not very good."

Quick Reply: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.