Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest? >

anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

Old 08-12-2007, 08:22 AM

Default RE: anyone have thoughts on the ripcord arrow rest?

I have shot mine for close to three months now. I manually flip it up everytime I shoot and have never had a problem. I have moleskin on the rest and notice that it needs to be replaced (low quality skin). The other thing that I noticed is the excess sound I was getting when the rest dropped. It was contacting my riser, I installed a Limbsaver pad to resolve some of that problem. Overall I like mine, check out the QAD dropaway, it looks like one sweet rest.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have really not been impressed with them. I took one off a guys Allegience just last night after it failed to drop. Broke the launcher arms right off. You could feel that the spring inside, or the detint/catch was probably worn, it tended to hang up a bit. I had another Ripcord that I worked on for a customer that would not drop out of the way in time, and no matter what we tried, that rest and his bow just would not work together. I've had better luck with the Ultra Rest. Just my experience, take it for what it is.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

In our shop we sell a lot of Ripcords, it is our most popular selling drop away rest. About a year and a half ago we had a bad batch of them sent to us. The main problem was the launcher arm was sticking up and not dropping down at all, and yes it broke when the arrow went through it. Since then Rip Cord has upgraded/redesigned itand made it more dependable. I myself have been using the rest for three years now with three different bows, zero problems for me so far. I still have theorigional on my 05 Switchback and it works just as good as the day I installed it on my bow. One other thing I'll mention is I hate using the football around the cable,instead I tiethe cord into the cable instead. The end result is much more dependable and sold, the football can and will slip and I have seen them brake too.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:30 PM

I've had one for awhileandthe fork touches the shelf when it is down or else the bow will not be paper tuned right. I fixed that problem with some mole skin on the shelf. I took off the arm that comes over the top of the fork after a couple of months. I don't know why, but I was shooting faster without it on. I had the bow at 255 fps when I had it on and once I took it off I gained 2 fps and then I added some string bats and the meta peep and put her up to 260 fps. The rest works the same without the arm on so I don't see the point of it unless your bow gets turned upside down for some reason. Its definatley a good rest and I like how you can cock the rest up before actually pulling it back. I'd recommend this rest to anyone.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put one on my LX a month or so ago, like it very much no complaints.