Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Snake Bitten???? >

Snake Bitten????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snake Bitten????

Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 AM

Default RE: Snake Bitten????

adderEncyclopædia Britannica Article [/align]

Page1of1

[/align] [/align][/align]
[/align][/i]any of several venomous snakes of the viper family, Viperidae, and the death adder, a viperlike member of the cobra snake family, Elapidae. The name adder may also be applied to certain other snakes, such as the hognose snake (q.v.[/i]), a harmless North American species. Among the adders of the viper family are included the common adder (Vipera berus[/i]), the puff adders (several species…[/align]Nevermind. I stand corrected. Im retarded...I know....Hognose Snake.[>:][/align]
Old 08-14-2007, 07:30 AM

I didnt do that to try and make you feel stupid, its just ignorance. Im tring to help teach you something you apparently didnt know, thats all. No offense intended. Just educating. While some harmless snakes in North America are called "Adders", The "Puff Adder" a short stocky snake, highly venomous, I think its the Most deadly snake in Africa (not sure though), Is found in Africa and the Arabian Peninsula only.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, you were referring to a hognose snake. Very harmless and fun to play with. They will flatten themselves out and sway back and forth like a cobra when messed with. Once they realize they can't scare their attacker off they suck in their gut and flop over on their back and play dead. You flip him over and he will flip back over....leave me alone...can't you see I'm dead. They have to be the only "fun" snake out there.

Carefull Hunting
Reid
Old 08-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bitten By Decapitated Rattlesnake!!!!

Decapitated rattlesnake bites man near Tri-Cities 11:27 AM PDT on Thursday, August 9, 2007 Associated Press PROSSER, Wash. -- Apparently, even a dead snake can bite. A man says he was bitten by the decapitated head of a rattlesnake on his property in Prosser, Washington, near the Tri-Cities.
File Photo
Western rattlesnake
[/align] Danny Anderson and his son saw the five-foot rattler Monday evening while feeding horses. They pinned it with a pipe and cut off its head with a shovel.
When Anderson reached down to pick it up, he says the snake head twisted around and bit his index finger. In the ten minutes it took to reach Prosser Memorial Hospital, the venom spread through his body and his tongue had already started to swell. He was treated with shots at the hospital.
State Fish and Wildlife Department biologist Mike Livingston says it's possible the snake had the heat-sensing ability to make one last attack or it may have been a reflex.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never been bit, but have come real close a couple of times. I always wear snake boots in early fall and spring hunting, regardless of comfort. But the times I have almost been bitten had to do with having my hands on the ground, and not seeing a snake (copperhead and pygmy rattler) nearby.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 AM

Hunting along the apalachian trail in PA 4C, I just stumbled onto my 2nd rattlesnake in 2 weeks. The 2nd guy was a real python. Huge compared to the first 1 last week. 1st snake was about 3 feet long, the 2nd was almost 5 and was thicker than my arm. PA timer rattlers are calm and don't really bite. Had to harass both of them to see a rattle. Cool stuff.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 AM

Dude, I was following you on what you were saying. I was just messing with you. However, it is hard to actually distinguish how someone means to say something in a forum. I looked up that info at the Encyclopedia site so its good to go. But back to the python thing I stated in my other post. People like freak out and when they hear news about foreign snakes in the united states. "How did this get here? Is there an epidemic?" ya blah blah. It annoys me so bad because then the media gets involved. Look somebody that owned one as a pet let it loose or it escaped its cage. Big whoop[:@]. Sorry the media makes me mad as well as most news reports in general.[&:]
Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 PM

Hognose or "Puff Adder"
If disturbed by a predator, these snakes have several ways to defend themselves. First, they will inflate their necks to look bigger, and they will hiss loudly and strike. When they do this, they very much resemble cobras, which we do not have in our area.

Eric
Old 08-14-2007, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveO KanevO

adderEncyclopædia Britannica Article
[/align]

Page1of1

[/align]
[/align][/align]

[/align][/i]any of several venomous snakes of the viper family, Viperidae, and the death adder, a viperlike member of the cobra snake family, Elapidae. The name adder may also be applied to certain other snakes, such as the hognose snake (q.v.[/i]), a harmless North American species. Among the adders of the viper family are included the common adder (Vipera berus[/i]), the puff adders (several species…
[/align]Nevermind. I stand corrected. Im retarded...I know....Hognose Snake.[>:]
[/align]
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Another thing about the hog nose snake that I forget to mention is that they also rattle their tail when they are flattened out. This helps in their guise to be a bigger badder meaner snake. In reality they are the most cowardly snake.

Quick Reply: Snake Bitten????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.