Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Screwin in treesteps??? >

Screwin in treesteps???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Screwin in treesteps???

Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Default RE: Screwin in treesteps???

I do it the same way as kill it n grill it, but am also a big fan of using a cordless drill. A belt holster for the drill helps tremendously.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM

i use a linemans belt to put them up. you can lean right back and have both hands free
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ameristep sells a steel tool for installing/removing steps. I'd never even attempt screwing in steps without it. With this baby, you can absolutely bury them in there. If you use screw-in steps - you need this thing.

Google: Ameristep Installer

Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Ameristep sells a steel tool for installing/removing steps. I'd never even attempt screwing in steps without it. With this baby, you can absolutely bury them in there. If you use screw-in steps - you need this thing.

Google: Ameristep Installer

I love that thing when using screw ins. I went ahead and sprung for 2 sets of the strap steps and they work really well, I can be set up almost as fast as my climber.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM

I HATE those things. I use strap on ladder sticks. Much easier, faster and safer in myopinion.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I simply cannot believe this thread has been up this long and no one has given you the right answer yet!!

It's pretty simple: if you're having a hard time screwing in steps... Or you've got a step that needs an "installer" sold along with it, or if you need a drill to drill out a pilot hole... YOU'RE USING THE WRONG SCREW-IN STEPS!!! Seriously. Spend an extra buck or two to buy Cranfords. They're usually only found at your more knowledgeable pro shops, but they're easy as pie to screw in. I won't use anything else. They're UNBELIEVABLY so much better than anything else on the market.

I have no sponsorship ties to Cranford at all (I tried; talked to the owner, but no dice... they just don't have the budget for it). I'll still push them this strongly, as the second-place step is so far behind them I have no idea who it is.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Got a link?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.ezyclimb.com/

I think Bass Pro and Cabela's sells them, too... though I haven't looked in a while. After I bought a few hundred of them, I haven't looked at the step section in quite a while. Just make sure it says Cranford or you've got some way to ascertain it's a Cranford; they're SO good that others have tried to ride their backs with the "easy" name ...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

I have never had a problem. I just screw one it, step up, and repeat. I use the cheapest ones I can find too

About the worst that has happened is I am drenched in sweat because it gets so damn humid around here.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

When i first saw this thread i thought it said "screwin in the treetops"

man i gotta get glasses [8D]

Quick Reply: Screwin in treesteps???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.