HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ANOTHER BH thread... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/201066-another-bh-thread.html)

GMMAT 08-07-2007 02:05 PM

ANOTHER BH thread...

Each year….I see post after post after post aft…..(well…you get it) about broadheads. Broadheads this....and broadheads that……mechanicals….fixed….2 blade….3 blade…ad nauseam.

We hear people touting BH’s that fly like FP’s……Group @ 50 yds…..etc.. . I’d like to know just a couple things whenever I hear someone touting BH’s in the future.

1) What’s been your experience with that BH as it’s zipping into/through an animal. Not a target.....not a test. as it's zipping through an animal you've shot with it.

&

2) I’d like to know how many (%-age) of BH’s actually touch an animal’s hide. I’m betting you it’s ASTRONOMICALLY low (how many BH’s a person has bought vs. animals killed with them).

Don't ya think it would be funny to know how many actually are even hunted with/see the woods?

buckmaster 08-07-2007 02:07 PM

RE: ANOTHER BH thread...

Very DEEP....

rankbull 08-07-2007 02:12 PM

I have been shooting the Montecs for the past two years four deer and one Turkey all pass throughs, fly the same as a field point out of my bowtech tribute @ 65lbs

Next BH post....

Bullet Hole Bailey 08-07-2007 02:12 PM

DEEEP, but very very true!

i have often wondered the exact same thing.

buckmaster 08-07-2007 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

DEEEP, but very very true!

i have often wondered the exact same thing.
Yoursignature is awesome im goin to get that put on a shirt or somthing.

Germ 08-07-2007 02:19 PM

Montec 125 Grain

12 for 12 on whitetails

Avg length of track 66.75 yds

Pass throughs 9 out 12
All but one animal was Double lung or heart shot. It went the furthest at 135 yds

anything else?

RTA47 08-07-2007 02:26 PM

Wow GMMAT I think you have out done yourself with this one.
The truth is we may never know the awnsers tothose two questions? And Sad buttrue those type post will keep popping up no matter what[&:]

GMMAT 08-07-2007 02:26 PM

Sure, Germ.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to figure out why we buy (as a hunting community)

*****BEWARE***** MADE UP FIGURES ZONE*****

29M BH's every year and only kill 3-4M deer?

What happens to them all???

(OK....BigJ stays up late and redistributes a few....but what about the rest?);)

Germ 08-07-2007 02:30 PM

Mine brand you can :Dre-sharpen

My guess is they end up in a toolbox or in a land fill[:o]

DannyD 08-07-2007 02:33 PM

hey GMMAT,

Well, I can tell you I am fairly new to bowhunting and have purchased 6 Magnus Stingers. 3 (50%) are being used as practice heads. 1 (16.67%) went through a deer. I have 2 more (33.33%) still unused and will be hunted with this season.