Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dang Dogs

Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dang Dogs

haha! sounds like a plan!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

man that is a hard thing to do, in MN we can shoot a dog that is chasing deer. I never see dogs when in stand.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:49 PM

Depending on were you live you might not want to make a party of it, unless your buddies know how to keep their mouths shut. In some places like here in Wisconsin, only the dnr can put down dogs that are chaising deer. I think the plan sounds good, but I'ld keep it to one tight lipped friend.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:58 PM

Here in missouri it is not legal to shoot dogs. TheDNR even put notification in their fliers this year. But they don't have to deal withthe problem of over population of stray dogs that people have set loose in the country. Here in missouri,the DNR either needs to change the law to allow landowners to do it or do something about it themselves or shut up. I would drop them! Good practice before the season starts.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

There were some stray dogs running around by me last year....and i had a slow cousin who lived near the area they lived so we had to do something. We tried hunting them but they were dang smart, the local dog warden ended up trapping them all.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM

if they are chasin deer and runnin all over the place they could end up runnin into somebodys backyard where there are kids playin or somethin like that. blast em if you get a chance.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your worried about getting in trouble I would live-trap the dogs and haul them to the dog pound and let them deal with them...other wise don't say anything and hope one of them runs in front of your gun while your squirrel hunting....!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

i live in the sticks, we dont have a shelter.
I know of one shelter in North East Texas that always accepts stray dogs off peoples property.

Its at the bottom of a hole.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I used to live they had a pack of wild dogs runnin around killing sheep and calfs. They finally got a group together and put them down but not before they attacked a little kid and almost killed him. Once they lose their fear of man, anything is possible, and dogs that have gone wild have very little fear of man. I had to put down a big white pit bull once, same area but he kept coming and growling. I was squirrel hunting w a buddy, he heard me shoot and walked over my way. I told him I shot a 70# white one, we laughed about itwhen he saw it. Do yourself a favor and find outfor sure if they are wild, then exterminate w extreme prejudice. They are hurting your deer hunting anyhow.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

none of them have a collars, i have talked to the neighbors and they arnt their dogs, and i have only whitnessed them running deer a few times this past year. they are still there so i have a plan.....

1. take out the corn in my feeder
2. replace it with kibbles and bits
3. get out the AR-15
4. post up in the pasture with some red-neck friends
5. finish the job

sound good to you guys?
Just one question for you. Why do you post some thing that no matter the out come makes hunters look bad.

This is a public forum , Have you ever heard the saying " know you Friends and know your enemies better".
This is not something that makes anyone look good ,so maybe instead of putting it out there for the world to see you just might want to talk about it in private.

This is a lose ,lose for hunting in general.[:@]

Quick Reply: Dang Dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.