Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I am not being a smart a-- >

I am not being a smart a--

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am not being a smart a--

Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I am not being a smart a--

In 1959 (4 years old) one of the first memories I have of my young life was whenI went with my Mom and Dad to look at a House they wanted tobuy. The House was empty except for a 130-140 class, 10pt Buckhanging on the wall, and I will never forget standing there looking up at it with my mouth hanging open in amazement.
When we went back to move in, I ran stright to the wall to look at the Buck and it was gone,I was devastated.When I asked my Dadwhere the Buck went, he told me the owner came and got it, if I wanted one like it, I would have to earn it. From that moment on I knew I was Big Buck Hunter.
I dont need to Kill something to have an enjoyable day in the woods, I have a droor fullof unused tags.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I am not being a smart a--

Thanks for the reply's everyone.I was looking to see what some of your thought process's were when deciding what to kill,specifically looking to see whether or not the animals maturity had any thing to do with what you decided to kill.
Young game is more tender no doubt.I can relate to the fellow from Idaho with his comments about deer versus elk.I bet there is not a lot better eating then a calf elk but I don't know if I could bring myself to shoot one.If I thought there was some possibility they wouldn't make it through the winter then maybe.
I just wanted to know about how the challenge piece played in to it.Does the degree of challenge enter in to it at all for you,and if so to what extent?