Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How is it possible without a Good proshop!! Haha >

How is it possible without a Good proshop!! Haha

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How is it possible without a Good proshop!! Haha

Old 08-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How is it possible without a Good proshop!! Haha

Does anyone else not have a Proshop in their area? How in the world do you do it? haha! This is the first year I have had to try and get started without my trusty proshop due to close down and I am lost! Haha
I have had some bad luck the past couple days wth proshops out of the area!
So I just ordered all the stuff I will be needing to get started in fletching my own arrows, tuning,blah blah blah!! PLEASE BARE WITH ME WHEN I START POSTING STUPID QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO DO THIS AND THAT!!
I AM THANKING YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:44 PM

Default RE: How is it possible without a Good proshop!! Haha

I've always had a proshop, but recently a new one has opened up 5 minutes from home. I've got to know all the owners real well and they've included me almost as one of them. I do some volunteer work for them and hlep out around the shop. Its a lot of fun actually. I've helped teach little kids how to shoot and I've met a lot of great people. The owners taught me how to set-up a bow and I got to practice on my new one recently. I've learned it all pretty quick and its not to bad. Anybody can do it, but its easier with some hands on learning. You will realize its a lot easier to figure stuff out than you thought at first.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have all the gear to do all my own work so I dont miss a pro shop at all.

POSTING STUPID QUESTIONS
Go ahead and post ya questions the only stupid one is the one you dont ask
Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

I have all the gear to do all my own work so I dont miss a pro shop at all.

POSTING STUPID QUESTIONS
Go ahead and post ya questions the only stupid one is the one you dont ask
Ausie-guy, got that one right. We all started some time, Ask away.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

I dont have a pro shop close to me. Its always a drive to get my materials. So I do everything myself. As long as I can get my materials, I dont have any problems. I do eveything to my bow. I order my strings from the company, replace them myself. I do the whole set up. I dont see a need for a pro shop... Generally when I do go to a pro shop they make you feel like an outsider. They are always standing around with their buddys and act like your an idiot. I might do more business with them if they didnt act like Im an intruder. I for one dont need their help. I know just as much as they do. Especially about my own equipment. I have even been thinking about buying a new bow. Last time I was at a pro shop and started looking at bows they wanted to shove the high priced name brands down my throat. I will get what I feel comfortable with. anyway now I rambling. heheehhe I dont need a pro shop bottom line...
Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Just remember, these "stupid" questions that you may be asking will be helping out your fellow hunters that are too shy to ask.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have shops in my area that attempt to help...but from my experience I would have been better off on my own. I am going to try one more place out for some help on my bow, but if they fail. I am going to be setting up shop in my garage and helping my friends out too. JUst as long as they buy the supplies and the beer for after the work is done
Old 08-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Just remember, these "stupid" questions that you may be asking will be helping out your fellow hunters that are too shy to ask.

Ohh.. i know you guys will help you all havent let me down yet!
Just a quick story on what really made me wanna do everything on my own! I drove ??50 miles saturday to get some Easton ST. epic arrows made up and i get there and the guy tells me he does not sell Epic arrows? He does carry easton arrows, but anyhow he tells me that he dont have them but has something to compensate for them.. he says Beman ICS hunters..hahahaha they are not anything alike?? Different weight, shaft size,etc...what he was trying to do was get rid of his overstock of bemans!!

He also went on to try and sell me full metal jackets that would have been so short it would have been scary close to my rest, because he must have cut them too short and was trying to pawn them off on me!
Also i was going to buy tracer nocks off of him for my st.epics but he said he did not have the ones for them!

Heres the real kicker, three weeks ago I was in this shop with a buddy that was getting his st.epics refletched and I asked him if he those arrows and he said yeah there around the corner.. as well as i said do you have the tracer ''H" nocks and he said yeah they're on the wall and even showed me some he installed on his arrows!! Hahaha sorry had to vent a lil bit still aggravates me!! [:@]

What i would give for someone with a good sense ofcustomer service and knowledge in this area!!!

Ohhh and arrowmaster i know exactly what you are talking about being an outsider with most of these Sh**ty shops!

Thanks for reading haha!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:24 PM

Thats too bad. I hate my local pro shop. I only go there when I absolutely have to. I like to order stuff from out of area shops and have it shipped more than I do going to my local shop. I have become more self sufficient when it comes to my bow, so now I barely have to go there.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 AM

I agree with you guys also. Ive got a shop in town with owners who annoy the heck out of me with their remarks. SO i drove over an hour to another to find out they were no better.. Im open to opinions and different styles of doing things but these guys are turned out to be real tools.haha Ive been doing all my own work and other ppls for awhile now..I started to just have fun wiht it and learn a few things..Im glad i did.. Its hard to find a good shop sometimes...And wiht me being in the military and moving around alot its hard to find good service when you need it..Now i dont have to worry..

Quick Reply: How is it possible without a Good proshop!! Haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.