Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Starting with a shed >

Starting with a shed

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Starting with a shed

Old 08-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Starting with a shed

Heres the skinny. My buddy hunted this buck the past two years. He now, do to personal reasons he can not hunt this area. I purposely stayed out of this bucks area because I knew he was after this buck. He called me the other day and says. Hey why dont you go try to find and kill the "Firewood" buck......... as he calls him. Since Thursday...I have been out scoutingin on this big state piece of ground looking for clues, logical places to set up my trail cams etc in accordance to where my bud has seen the buck on the hoof and where two of his sheds were found. (he has this one)

Its a big nasty tangle of timber, springs, brush... on a big mountain side (bout 1000 acres or more public ground). Its like looking for a needle in a haystack but I am having a blast. I will keep you guys posted on what I find. In two days I havent found him yet, but I have bumped a 145-150 inch 5x5 out of his bed..so its already payed off! A new area to hunt, a newchallengeand a possible giant typical pushing the B/Cthat was seen in there still alive last Dec..

Here is one of hissheds, I'll beon a mission...now thatmy bud has handed thearea over to me...Shed has a 9.5 inch browtine and measures 76 inches.. His sheds from last season are still out there somewhere..

Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Starting with a shed

Good luck tracking down that brute! You don't have much time to get him figured out before the season. So is it this deer or no deer now? Or will you settle for something else?

Don't see many brow tines like that!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Good luck tracking down that brute! You don't have much time to get him figured out before the season. So is it this deer or no deer now? Or will you settle for something else?

Don't see many browtines like that!
I will most likely get two tags and will not pass on another big buck I have been videoing.. I dont have still photos of him..but I've showed him to Tim..

until I find concrete proof thatthis "firewood"buck is evenalive...I will definately be hunting a couple other bucks. I never put all my eggs in one basket...If I find this buck then my plans will obviously include him..for now its a big search..who knows what I am gonna find..but its fun and I have 30 days to look..before I go back to work...
Old 08-04-2007, 11:40 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

30 days and on a mission to find a monster buck. Sounds like a good time !! In your terrain that should be a piece of cake finding him though. [8D]

Seriously... after seeing some footage of your area, few could pull it off especially going after a specific buck. Your knowledge and " years " ofexperience will come to good use in your quest. If anyone could do it, it will be you. Best of Luck!!

That is a heck of a shed!!

Tim
Old 08-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

So wheres the challenge?That buck will go into the 180's man. I hope you tag that bad boy. Good luck Troy
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah hes gonna be even bigger. Good luck...
Old 08-04-2007, 02:25 PM

good luck...looks like a nice one
Old 08-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

OMG, can I come and hunt with you this season?
Old 08-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW!! That buck has it all. Love the mass on the beam mid stream. Shed, i hope you connect on one of those big boys this year, cant wait to see the pics. I know you like looking at sheds as much as i do so Here is a pic of a set i found from (two different years) (same buck) but found the same year 2005. I call him the ghost, never seen, no cam pics, and my son has one other shed off him from a couple years earlier. the one on the right scored 72" with a weak brow and weak G-4. just for entertainmentNow go find that buck!!

Here is another one for ya. another 9" brow but the rest of the antler is weak.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

You want me to help you when I'm out there this year don't you!All you had to do is ask,you do the grunt stuff and then I will come in and handle the delicate final stuff. What do you think? Does it sound like a plan?

Quick Reply: Starting with a shed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.