Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow During ML Season? >

Bow During ML Season?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow During ML Season?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Bow During ML Season?

Here in NC our ML season is for 1 week only. In years past you could only hunt with a ML during this week. This year we are able to bowhunt during ML season on PRIVATE land only. Just curious as to how other states are during ML season. I don't hunt with a ML so I'm happy for the extra weekNC also has passed a "urban" bow season that comes in the first Sat. after gun season goes out (gun season always ends on Jan.1) and lasts for 1 month. This season is for hunting WITHIN the CITY LIMITS ONLY. The last time I checked, no cities had signed up for this. I'm kind of excited cause it will give me an extra month with very FEW people. Just don't know how well it will go over. I can hear it now...people calling the papers etc. complaining about a deer falling over in their yard with an arrow stuck in it. Oh well...can't please everyone.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow During ML Season?

In MN you can hunt during all seasons. You just have abide by their blaze orange laws.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

same as MN in VA.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:43 AM

Oddly enough in Michigan it is the only season you CAN'T hunt with a bow. I don't understand why, but that is how the regs read. I don't know if you would get in trouble for it though.

Paul
Old 08-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in CO. the muzzleloader elk season is in the middle of archery season and the hunters carrying a muzzleloader have to wear the required orange, but the archers can still hunt and wear all camo, no orange required. Seems kind of silly that we're all hunting at the same time, often in the same area, but yet one has to wear orange and the other doesn't!

Old 08-05-2007, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Howler

Here in CO. the muzzleloader elk season is in the middle of archery season and the hunters carrying a muzzleloader have to wear the required orange, but the archers can still hunt and wear all camo, no orange required. Seems kind of silly that we're all hunting at the same time, often in the same area, but yet one has to wear orange and the other doesn't!
That is pretty strange. Plus, how many muzzleloader hunters do you think are out there without any camo?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Dominant Buck

In Maryland you could always fill your muzzleloader tags with a bow, or fill you bow tags. In NY(dumb law) you bow hunt and fill a bow tag but not fill your muzzleloader tag with a bow. HOwever, you could hunt during the regular firearms season with a bow to fill your regular season tag. Now isn't that stupid? I finally broke down last year and bought a new Omega with a nice scope. I sighted it in. It's a tack driver. I never took it hunting.[&:]
Old 08-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Yea, I'm amazed at some of the laws and different twists. Now, we can bow hunt straight through from bow season until the end of gun season and it doesn't say a word about wearing blaze orange as long as you have a bow[8D]I always wear blaze to my stand site anyway. I wonder if half the people responsible for making some of the laws have ever even hunted or been in the woods?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Wolfpack.....that urban archery law doesn't mean a thing, right now. It does NOT open up municipalities until they open themselves up (by signing up). I think you know this....it just wasn't clear by your post....and I'd hate to see someone get in trouble.

Good luck to you......

Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

In MN you can hunt during all seasons. You just have abide by their blaze orange laws.
Same thing here in Pa.

Quick Reply: Bow During ML Season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.