Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this how YOU feel about hunting? >

Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
8.04%
No
91.96%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Old 08-06-2007, 03:19 AM

Default RE: Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

I have to say this is one of the weirdest topics ive seen, but its interesting to see what ppl say...

I voted no... I think just outsmarting one of these animals is rewarding enough for me... Im just as happy wiht a doe as i ever have been with a buck..

my 2 pennies
Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is this how you feel about hunting?

You cant eat the antlers anyway, antlers are just a bonus.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't read through all the answers.....but I can say this....

I think the popularity of deer hunting would not be ANYWHERE NEAR what it is, today......if these animals didn't have antlers.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah this ranks right up there, with some of the other dumb questions.

If girls didn't have __________ would you chase them???
Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like most everyone else, I would still hunt...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no idea.I hunt doe's now on purpose so I have no reason to believe that would change.What is being asked represents a cultural change so I can't speculate as to the shifts that may take place.Would my father have hunted or my brother? Would I have gotten involved in other endeavors to the exclusion of hunting.I don't know.
There are distinctions with different game species as to the motivations involved in hunting them.Unless we have been fortunate enough to travel to hunt from a very early age,most of us would have a hard time relating to the motivation and culture of other regions.
Also if your family was dependant upon game meat for a significant portion of their food that would shape their motivation and their culture.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to hunt end of story.Plus they are way to tasty. Antlers are a plus.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 AM

I'd still hunt deer, but not as much and as passionately. Like Mowtown said, I'd tag out in the first day or two and be done.

Then again, I'd probably just find something else to hunt that has antlers and a trophy value.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tsoc

There are distinctions with different game species as to the motivations involved in hunting them.Unless we have been fortunate enough to travel to hunt from a very early age,most of us would have a hard time relating to the motivation and culture of other regions.
Also if your family was dependant upon game meat for a significant portion of their food that would shape their motivation and their culture.

True that.

Growing up, my family never bought meat. Ever. I love antlers as much as the next person, but I would still hunt as I cannot find meat that tastes as good, or is as cheep (approx 1$/lbs, factoring in everything but my time) as venison....and it would still be fun to me. Certainly not the same tho i will admit. Heaviest doe is just not as sexy.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: buck_master_101

Hunting is about gettin out there and enjoying what God has created, good food on the table and yes Horns is an added bonus and real excitement booster but not what its all about.
They are not HORNS, they are ANTLERS! It really bothers me that people mistake the two on here. Ok, Im done venting.
Everybody knows the difference it's just slang,you'll also hear it called "bone",again not accurate.

Quick Reply: Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.