Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this how YOU feel about hunting? >

Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
8.04%
No
91.96%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Old 08-09-2007, 08:52 AM

Default RE: Is this how you feel about hunting?

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Nevermind....

For a second there I thought you were gonna explain to everyone how you know that fence is EXACTLY 4 feet high..........
Old 08-09-2007, 09:15 AM

Default RE: Is this how you feel about hunting?

ORIGINAL: Ross Shooter

Why start a pole that baits your fellow hunters? Because thats all questins like this do. Your basically trying to get a guy to say he hunts for the antlers. Why so you can jump down his throat about being a trophy hunter,SO WHAT IF SOMEONE IS.
This "question" was a statement made by another member in a TDM/QDM thread. I disagreed with it but figured the best way to test the theory was to ask everyone else and see who was right. The answers speak for themselves.

Maybe some will reconsider their reasoning and/or justification for certain actions that were based on such false beliefs.........if they now understand that all other hunters DON'T think that way.

thats why we hunt,the anticapation that the next time out we may shoot a huge buck.
I don't think that is true at all............I could never narrow down why I hunt to only one thing........but if I did it sure wouldn't be that.

Are you telling me you day dream of a frosty fall morning you in your stand a stick cracks and there he is that half rack year and half old four pointer you have chased all season.
Depends where I am.

Then you have your normal fairly experienced outspoken morons talking about how bad qdm is or how they shoot any deer and are happy with it.
Wow, you are really good at disguising your feelings there

They are "morons" because they disagree with you??

But that those of us that choose to hold out for trophy caliber deer every year are ruining the sport.
I don't think I have ever heard anyone say that..........unless the "us" from above was trying to force everyone else to hunt their way..........and when that happens I agree, that is ruining hunting. Chase whatever you want and no one will ever care.........just don't try to force everyone else to make your chase easier.

My theory is the other guys don't want to do the work associated with hunting mature bucks. The year round scouting,the constant trying to aquire new land ,the hanging stands in spring the walkin two miles deep on public land to get away from the lazy bozos. Not to mention the dark to dark hunts,or the hunts in weather that keeps most in watching football.
That's weird..........I do all those things and I don't want you or anyone else telling me what I can or can't shoot...........doing all those things is a MAJOR reason why I should be able to do whatever I choose to. I did all the hard work so what business of anyone else's is it what I choose to shoot as a reward. I'm not filling your tag so why do you care?

You have it backwards.........the guys whining are the trophy chasers. They cry because it's too hard to kill big bucks on a regular basis so they want everyone else to help out by not shooting anything so the woods will be full of bigger bucks to chase.

Why would a guy who is happy shooting any deer care that a trophy hunter is out there?? He should WANT and HOPE for nothing but trophy hunters around him because they will let everyhing walk that he will gladly shoot.

Trophy chasers always create this massive charade that everyone is complaining but them...........when in fact the complete opposite is the truth. This poll proves that yet again.

So anyway I know it's a long post and if you got to the end of it you are probably a hunter like me. If you got lost or fizzeled part of the way through you are probably one of those that I am talking about.
Wrong again