Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this how YOU feel about hunting? >

Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
8.04%
No
91.96%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Default RE: Is this how you feel about hunting?

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: jelen

Atlas is a hater and this is a feable attempt on his part to bring quality bow hunters who practice quality deer management practices down to the "if it's brown, it's down" mentality of cave men.

Shooting does is so easy, even a cave man can do it. Ergo, Atlas is a cave man.
Just so I understand: People that hunt the way you approve of are quality bowhunters and everyone else is a caveman?

There is no excuse not to practice QDM other than ignorance. So to answer your question...yes.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wolfen, I didn't know you were a part of this discussion with atlas... first time I clicked on this thread, because I saw your new user name as the last poster on it.

Now I'll have to go back and read the whole thing! Nothing better than a Wolfen-atlas discussion!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Civil debate is always fun. Just don't try it down in the politics forum LMAO .

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: jelen

Atlas is a hater and this is a feable attempt on his part to bring quality bow hunters who practice quality deer management practices down to the "if it's brown, it's down" mentality of cave men.

Shooting does is so easy, even a cave man can do it. Ergo, Atlas is a cave man.
[/blockquote]Just so I understand: People that hunt the way you approve of are quality bowhunters and everyone else is a caveman?
[/blockquote]

There is no excuse not to practice QDM other than ignorance. So to answer your question...yes.
Good feeling gone

BTW I may disagree with Atlas, but I do not think he thinks like a cave man. I have always felt debate and talking to groups can reach goal to make the masses happy.

It is just plain quixotic to state any one who does believe in QDM is selfish.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:58 PM

I have seen you post this opinion many times over the years Rybo and I think you have this one completely wrong. I know the guy you are describing with this post...........I just think he is far less common then you think.

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

See there lies the oddity. they care soooo much about antlers that they will shoot a buck JUST because it has them,
That's pretty much the only reason why anyone shoots a buck isn't it?

but they don't want to take the next step of waiting for a big one, cause then they may not get one at all.
#1.....many guys don't view it as the "next step".........it's not a job, it's supposed to be fun. Not everyone is on a mission. Believe it or not some people just enjoy hunting.

#2.....I have been hunting in NY for 20 years and I have NEVER filled my buck tag and then had regrets because I saw a bigger deer later in the year. That's right........NEVER. Not one time did I see a bigger deer then the one I already killed. I wouldn't trade the amount of fun I have had in those 20 years for anything............I wonder how much fun it would have been to pass up all those deer and wait for something that's not there [:'(]

These guys aren't just out to shoot A deer, they want to shoot A buck, and that's all that matters.

I'm having trouble seeing what is wrong with that.........if that's what makes them happy then who am I to say it's wrong?? It's their tag after all, not mine.

These guys would shoot a buck regardless of the distinguishing factor that set it apart from does.
If someone is willing to shoot any buck I think that makes it CRYSTAL clear that they don't really care about antlers........they kill what's out there and the size of the rack is a bonus. Someone who stresses out that just any antlers aren't good enough........they have to be BIG, and BIGGER, and BIGGER all the time just to make them happy clearly if fixated IMO.

Picture 2 guys buying cigars.........1 guy stops at a gas station and picks up a pack of cherry flavored stogies for $3 and burns them up at a poker game or on the golf course with a few pals. The other guy does research and gets magazines, belongs to cigar clubs and has a humidor in his house and a cutter in his pocket. He spends tons of money chasing the finest cigars from all over the world in pursuit of the best of the best.

Which guy do you think REALLY cares about cigars??
Old 08-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Good feeling gone
LOL Yeah, I think I'll take a pass on this thread now.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Wolfen, I didn't know you were a part of this discussion with atlas... first time I clicked on this thread, because I saw your new user name as the last poster on it.

Now I'll have to go back and read the whole thing! Nothing better than a Wolfen-atlas discussion!

Truthfully Greg, there has been no discussion............I haven't really read the thread at all. I have just been watching the votes.

My post to Rybo was the first reply I read.

I'll go check it out now though

Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

The guy smokin' forkies?

Damned good analogy, though
Old 08-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is no excuse not to practice QDM other than ignorance.
I have no excuse to not practice QDM... Except that I hunt on PUBLIC land where bowhunters are few and far between. Get back to me about QDM when you've gotten the weekend public land gun hunters up there on that holier than thou pedestal you occupy.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Casual hunters don't drive 4 countys either and they still by licenses. If antlers mattered to casual hunters wouldn't they shoot deer with bigger racks instead of the spikes and 4 pointers?
To casual hunters in PA, it only matters that they HAVE antlers. From what I have seen here, these people care WAY more about antlers than the QDMers.

I really don't get why you would say that..........if anything they are both fixated on them..........only one has the additional hang up of needing the antlers to be bigger.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh well, atlas.. a wolfen-anybody discussion is still worth reading

Quick Reply: Is this how YOU feel about hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.