Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what can i expect >

what can i expect

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what can i expect

Old 08-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default what can i expect

the arrows that i got at the archery shop, im told, are severly overspined. what can i expect if i continue using these. the reason i ask is because i cant afford to "eat" $75 on these. they are shooting fine out of my bow, my groups are tight and flight seems great. but like i said im told theyre overspined. im shoot in 27" CX terminator lite select 4560 with 26 or 26.5" draw bow details in signature. these are the arrows that he selected, he got out his chart and chose these arrows. if they are poor arrows for my setup i dont know why he'd choose them. and i also know that he shoots these same arrows through his bow which is identical to mine, which confuses me more.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what can i expect

Your fine. The paper chart shows you to be in the range. Some software will tell you otherwise but I would trust the arrow manufactures before an outsider. I don't own any software but just go by PSE's chart and never had any trouble
Old 08-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

broadhead tuning will tell you the true story. goto Eastons website and download the tuning guide. look for broadhead tuning. see what the groups tell you. you could easily make them work by backing off draw weight or shooting heavier heads if indeed you are over spined. just looking at the numbers you seem OK....
Old 08-04-2007, 07:50 AM

Bare shaft tuning will tell you the if they are spined right or not. Then you adjust your draw weight to the finishedarrow, so that it still flies true with point and fletching.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:07 AM

You are normally better off with an overspined arrow than an underspined arrow.

If they shoot well they shoot well, quit worrying about is my advice. Most likely the worst that will happen is you will not get your broad heads to impact with your field points. This is a nice thing to have, but not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. Just be sure they are grouping and flying well then move the sights a little if you have to.

Two things you could try, a heavier tip, and lighter fletchings. A 125 grn tip and feathers would not only help break down the spine some it would give you better FOC as well.

I don't have your bow in my OnTarget data base (mines kind of old) but I ran an average bowtech set up and those arrows did come up stiff with a 100 grn tip.

Paul