Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
3.67%
No
88.07%
Sometimes
8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

music on stand

Old 08-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: music on stand

NEVER. How can you be in tune (no pun intended) with what's going on around you when you have headphones on? Please! Unless you have snow on the ground, you're giving up abouthalf of your ability to detect their presence.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: shawneeslinger

The best part of hunting, Dare I say even better than the kill, is turning off the noise of my busy life and listing to God's surround sound.
shawneeslinger has got it right
as much as I love my music, hunting is my time to sit back, relax and listen to God's nature. That's the best music of all
Old 08-03-2007, 06:59 PM

The best part of hunting, Dare I say even better than the kill, is turning off the noise of my busy life and listing to God's surround sound.

X4
Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 PM

Agree completely...that would ruin a good part of the reason I am in the woods. I guess I don't understand why, if you are really into hunting, you would need additional entertainment to be in the stand? The question seems similar to ones about hunting shows playing music during the show. Big bucks approaching a stand don't need artificially created drama...they are quite enough on there own. Same as a day in the woods...nature's soundtrack is all that is needed. Also, I don't agree that your sense of hearing plays no role or a very small role in hunting. If you are actively involved in hunt, your sense of hearing is essential.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM

Does listening to the Ohio State Games count as music. I have two loves in my life, Ohio state Football andBow hunting, and when thetwo clash i insist on doing both.
I let a nice 150 in deer get on top of me this year during the Northwestern Game. Yea the buckeyes won and no i didnt kill the deer hahaha at least something good came of it. No the deer do not hear the games, they walk all around and could care less.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

X5
Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

nothing better then the quiet music of nature nothing better then that absolute quiet compared to the city.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Spike

X6
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edit: X7
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stevezt4

Does listening to the Ohio State Games count as music. I have two loves in my life, Ohio state Football andBow hunting, and when thetwo clash i insist on doing both.
I let a nice 150 in deer get on top of me this year during the Northwestern Game. Yea the buckeyes won and no i didnt kill the deer hahaha at least something good came of it. No the deer do not hear the games, they walk all around and could care less.
I am a student at Auburn University in Alabama, and while I understand your problem, and support your solution, I myself will never be in that predicament. Saturday afternoons are for Auburn football, I can miss a few Saturday afternoons of deer hunting, lord knows I'll be in the woods too much already!

Quick Reply: music on stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.