HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   arrows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/200205-arrows.html)

dmen 08-01-2007 01:32 PM

arrows?

I am new to this sight. I am going to buy some new arrows either today or tomorrow, I have never purchased arrows before. I have a 28" PSE Thunderbolt at 60lbs. I am brand new to archery and am clueless. I don't mind spending anything under 100.00, I am not that proficient yet so I am not worried about getting the best equipment. Also what type of broadhead will I want for whitetail.Any help would be much appreciated.

BackwoodsBuck 08-01-2007 01:43 PM

RE: arrows?

The Beman ICS Hunter and Black Max are both under 80/dozen at my local pro shop. I use the ICS Hunter, and a good friend of mine uses the Black Max. Both are good arrows. As far as broadheads, Muzzy's are always a good choice. I use Thunderheads. I should say I carry Thunderheads, as I have not had the chance to use them yet. They are also a good, inexpensive option.

Bailsuk 08-01-2007 01:49 PM

Practice and plenty of it , before you go hunting ;).

ORIGINAL: dmen

I am new to this sight. I am going to buy some new arrows either today or tomorrow, I have never purchased arrows before. I have a 28" PSE Thunderbolt at 60lbs. I am brand new to archery and am clueless. I don't mind spending anything under 100.00, I am not that proficient yet so I am not worried about getting the best equipment. Also what type of broadhead will I want for whitetail.Any help would be much appreciated.

shepdogwv 08-01-2007 02:18 PM

Check out the Gold Tip XT hunters......mine have taken a beating (not just shooting them, but in the trunk etc.) and are still goin good.

mauser06 08-01-2007 02:28 PM

everyone has their favorites. for the money i think carbon express arrows cannot be beat. i paid 70$ for a dozen Terminator XP Select shafts. tolerances are great. price is pretty much unmatched for the tolerances and the carbon composite design is supposed to make them really durable.

broadheads? cant go wrong with most of them these days...id shy away from the really cheap "walmart specials" just because they probably arent built real good etc...i personally shoot a 3 blade Muzzy broadhead. proven time and time again by millions of hunters...

RDHunter 08-01-2007 02:28 PM

Gold Tip XT Hunter ... one of the best arrows on the market for straightness and durability.

dmen 08-01-2007 06:37 PM

I went with the Beman ICS Hunter, My local pro shop did not carry the gold tip XT hunter or Carbon express, only Beman and easton.Paid 76.00 for a dozen.I also bought SteelForce PHAT HEAD BROADHEADS.Now its practice, Practice until extended archery season begins on Sep 8.

BackwoodsBuck 08-02-2007 08:17 AM

It's a good arrow for what you pay. I really wanted Carbon Express Maxima Hunters when I was buying, but I dropped soooo much on the bow set up, I had to skimp somewhere.

huntingangler.com 08-02-2007 05:20 PM

The Hot buys right now seem to be the Carbon Express Maxima 350's and the Rage Broadheads

deerhunter518 08-05-2007 10:01 PM

i just bought a set of beman avengers cut to length with inserts for $70 a dozen. they are good shooting carbons