HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   How do you carry your gear into the woods? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/200169-how-do-you-carry-your-gear-into-woods.html)

KBacon 08-01-2007 09:10 AM

How do you carry your gear into the woods?

What do you use and why?

Jim_IV 08-01-2007 09:13 AM

RE: How do you carry your gear into the woods?

because it is easy and there is more room

BobCo19-65 08-01-2007 09:17 AM

Most of the time I use a cat quiver.

Mainly because I can store my stuff and have a quiver all in one. I also like the way this quiver protect my fletchings.

xlilcntrygrlx 08-01-2007 09:17 AM

I just use a fanny pack and my pockets for small stuff and just carry my bow/gun. I have been looking at those backpacks though. For those that use them how do you like them?

gplant 08-01-2007 09:21 AM

If its nice weather then I will use my fanny pack.If its cold I will use my small back pack to carrier my coat-bibs so I do not sweat walking to standalso nice to have when you are gutting so you can keep your stuff clean.

KBacon 08-01-2007 09:22 AM

I've always used a back pack... nothing fancy.. just a cheap $20 one from Walmart. It's got several pockets to keep things handy. I just hang my pack on a little hook by my tree stand... and keep everything handy. When I pack in my summit... I have a way that I attach my pack to it..

Never tried a fanny pack.. but did consider the cat quiver IV.. but they're soo exspensive!!!

OhioRedNeck 08-01-2007 09:28 AM

I use a backpack when i am not hunting on my farm. But when iam iuse my pockets and i carry my bow back to the stand.

GMMAT 08-01-2007 09:29 AM

In alphabetical order.

TexTranPlnt1002 08-01-2007 09:33 AM

I love my CatQuiver backpack. I hunt public land so I have to carry my stand in everytime I hunt and I can even carry my stand on my back with the pack. It is great.

WARedBear 08-01-2007 09:35 AM

My "other" vote realy means...all of the above.

I have a hunter orange back pack that goes with me. It has knives, scent spray, lunch, water, rags, rope, and other various items I might need. The fanny pack is only for hiking deep into the woods because it is my survival pack. In it you will find fire starters, lint, mirror, whistles, compass, first aid kit, etc. My pants pockets will have my gloves, release (if not worn), GPS, and a pocket knife. I will also have a knife on my belt. I usually hunt alone so I have to be prepared for just about anything.

Happy and Safe Hunting
Reid