Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dry fired bow!!!!!!! >

Dry fired bow!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dry fired bow!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dry fired bow!!!!!!!

As i mentioned in a previous post my d-loop was wearing out... well i was just drawing back my bow and it broke with no arrow!!!! I dont think i messed anything up and i wasnt in full draw but probly still at peak poundage. It almost knock off my leech and pulled a strand of string out of my peep grove. what are the odds that there is more damage than hat i can see?? or am i ok
Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Dry fired bow!!!!!!!

Your best bet is to bring it in to a Pro Shop and have them take it apart and inspect it. This doesn't take too long and will give you peace of mind. You really need to have an arrow nocked every time you draw your bow in case this type of thing happens. Also search this forum and you will find great advise in proper tying of loops including the proper material to use.

There is no way your loop should be wearing, you really need to take a very close look at your release for anything that might be rubbing the loop material.....something is not right.

I hope your bow is ok, most new bows today can take a dry fire or two butget it checked out.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

not to mention the loud Pow! and the sick feelin in my stomach and the bruise on my arm looking good already for my job interview tommorrow...well its 12:03 here so later today.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 PM

If you knew you had a problem with your loops wearing why would you drawyour bow without an arrow???[&:][8D]
Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because i didnt think the loop had worn that badly already i guess im gonna just get a new release... that is, if i dont have to have a new bow...
Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 AM

I agree about taking it to a pro shop..its for the best and cant hurt... For you release, a good way to check is to take a q-tip and run it across everything...If you snag a peice of cotten on anything then you have a burr... I use this method on the cables on my oneidas and it will find things you cant see or feel with your fingers.....
Old 08-01-2007, 03:57 AM

I really don't understand why people draw there bow without a arrow nocked.It only can lead to trouble.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had it checked out everythings good shew now to get a new release...
Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't worry too much. Murphy's law. If it brakes, it needed replacing anyway. I bet you were looking for a new bow when you bought that one. You'll love the new one that replaces it even more.

Good luck, I hope your in the contest this year.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you didn't mess up your bow. I bet you learned a lot from that experience and it will not happen again. It makes you a better archer. Another common way to have your bow dry fired is from inexperienced people, keep themaway from your bow, they will dry fire a bow in a "Heart Beat".

Quick Reply: Dry fired bow!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.