Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often???

Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How often???

no problem. You werent belittling my accomplishment (although I reallydont consider it an accomplishment just dumb luck and money down the drain.) youwere just clarifying whatwe were talking about
Old 07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never. I don't try to. I know I can shoot good. I shoot a 5 spot a drill the bull almost always. I don"t need a robin hood to tell me that I can hit the same spot twice. I hate shooting groups just for the mear fact that I could robin hood or damage any of my arrows to the point that they are unshootable. Just me.[&:]
Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 AM

Ive got enough hangin in my garage(I agree about the expensive part, though i build stabs with most of my broken arrows..ANYway)..THATS WHY I AIM FOR MY BUDDIES ARROWS....LOL its CHEAPER
Old 08-01-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you shoot enough arrows it is likely to happen.The fact that you have done it a number of times in a very short period I would say is a very good sign!
For a number of reasons when I practice I shoot one arrow at a time and then I go and retrieve my arrow from the target so my Robinhooding days are over.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

beginers luck or should i say loss....
Old 08-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Well Pen a rose on your nose! Now that your that good at 10 yds maybe try 15 or even go big and go 20 yds
Old 08-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

never done it in the 9 years of shooting
Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

They say that Robin Hooding and arrow is like a hole in one in golf. Don't believe it. In years past 15 years I have Robin Hooded probably 25 arrows and never had a hole in one. I don't shoot arrows at the same spot a close range anymore. It really gets expensive because you just ruin two arrows each time. If you switch to Easton ACC's or any other style arrow that has a uni-bushing in the nock insert, you will get deflections and very few Robin Hoods.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have done it 4 times in 25+yrs. I wish i couldtake credit and say i ment to do it."But nope luck all the way"
All it really ment was i needed to buy some new arrows[:'(]

Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ive never done it in 8 years of serious shooting. I have broken tons of nocks tho, then i started aiming at seperate targets for each shot....I was helping a beginner out last summer and about their 10th shot, crack, a robin hood....the arrows were 6" off themark too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.