Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

APA???

Old 07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default APA???

Anyone shoot an APA?? I just added them to the shop and shoot a Suphan XP. I love it. Its the quitest bow I have ever shot, and No hand shock.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: APA???

They are awesome bows but the problem is that they cost $800 plus. We stock their bows also and they are a hard sell against Bowtech, Mathews, and Ross for $100 - $175 less. I havetried to make them understand this but to no avail. We may sell 5 a year if we are lucky.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

I own the Black Mamba Xtreme. Great bow, it may cost a lot but you get what you pay for. With a 26" draw I can put my arrows through the block target.with the point sticking out the back side.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think they are too bad to sell. I have had them less than a year, and I have had a Drenalin, Guardian and two Alligences traded in on the x1 and x2, and sold 3 outright. I am a small shop and this is good for me. They are a bit more money, but after you start shooting them it is hard to shoot anything else.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great bows. A friend of mine was a staff shooter for them in 05 and I shot the bow quite a bit and it was a great shooter.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:18 PM

My father-in-law owns the x1. I've shot it enough to know that its smokin fast. I wouldn't trade my 05 Switchback for it, but to each their own. You should shoot it.
If you're looking for speed, you should shoot the HCA Iron Mace. I've heard nothing but great things about this bow. It will definitely put HCA back on the map.
Oh yeah, you don't see too many APA's because they don't spend the money on marketing like Mathews, Hoyt, etc.
Good luck
Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

The Iron Mace is a cool bow. Very awesome to get that from HCA they have kind of been a sleeper. They don't compair to the X1 for speed though.If you talk 350 gn arrow to 350 gn arrow. Anyone can stick a feather weight arrow in their bow and its going to shoot faster.