Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nugent

Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nugent

I like Ted even though he is kind of out there. People describe me that way too, so I don't consider it a snub.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ted Nugent has been the BIGGEST influence to me. I could sing the whole song of Fred Bear when i was only 2 years old. An insult to Ted is an insult to me and i consider myself the biggest Ted Nugent fan. He represents hunting better than anyone ive seen. Ted is the reason i do things the way i do. Anyone who wants to put down Ted better realize that they are lucky someone like him is fighting for our rights to hunt. He contributes more to hunting/anti-drugs than anyone i know.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

I do know he pushes knowing Fred Bear.Well dang I knew Fred Bear too back in the '60's learned alot from him,him and Ted are different as night and day.But Ted will be the first to tell you this.

I've met Ted and his sidekick Big Jim.Well I managed to PO Big Jim and I thought my wife was going to PO Ted.But it was more to do with his music,like he said not all are going to like it.

Ok I like Ted and he does alot to promote hunting.He don't hold back on the fact in hunting you are going to have Blood and Guts.Fact you can't get around it and if you eat meat there is no way you should be against it.Only thing with him is most of his hunts are in fenced areas and over bait.I've done both.I know its a matter of time with him,putting out a Show to run all year and still be on the road several months of the year with Concerts.

As far as Celebrities I've met that I wish would do more to promote hunting would be Hank Willams Jr.

big rockpile
Old 08-01-2007, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: crafty101

I'm just curious about how many you all have met and talked with Ted, had a normalconversion with the guy..

I have met him twice and know at least three other people that have met him, my best friend worked for him for a while. what you propose is not possible from what I have seen. It is rather hard to hold a "normal" conversation with Ted. His ego is HUGE and I don't think he is all that stable. He also contradicts himself a lot.

I don't hate the guy, and I don't deny he is passionate about his beliefs. And I have seen him interact with kids, I believe this is his weak spot in his ego. He truly is good with kids, I will give him that.

However he in no way represents how I feel about hunting or the shooting sports. Sometimes I am ashamed to be associated with him. It bothers me that he is pretty intelligent, but half way into a conversation he starts to sound nuts.

Morally I am not impressed at all. Just because he doesn't do drugs or drink (he says) doesn't make him a saint. I know plenty of really messed up people that are not crack heads. And I know plenty of really good people that have addiction problems.

My role models are more along the lines of Chuck Adams, Stan Potts and the likes. And of course my Dad. As far as celebrities go I am much more impressed with Tom Selleck.

Those are my opinions any way.

Paul
Old 08-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Oh, by the way I think the Fred Bear song blows. Never did like it. Not real fond of Fred Bear actually. Heck of a business man though, which is what he should really be known for. Then again ethics were a bit different in those days.

Paul
Old 08-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

As far as celebrities go I am much more impressed with Tom Selleck.

Those are my opinions any way.

Paul
[/quote]

Is Tom Selleck a bowhunter?? Or was this just TMI?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: big rockpile.

As far as Celebrities I've met that I wish would do more to promote hunting would be Hank Willams Jr.

big rockpile
I know Hank personally him and my step dad are best friends and I tell you he is a sorry Role model for anyone who huntshe is the most un ethical hunter I have ever seen and none.He is not a people person and a real prick If you do not know him. We all was out eating one night at a local restaraunt and this old man about 67 came up to him and said he would just like to shakehishand and has enjoyed his music for many years and Ol' Hank stuck his hand down his pants then pulled his hand out and asked the man if he would still like to shake his and then turned around and walked off. I do enjoy his music though.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm just curious about how many you all have met and talked with Ted, had a normalconversion with the guy..
Once was enough for me
Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Oh, by the way I think the Fred Bear song blows. Never did like it. Not real fond of Fred Bear actually. Heck of a business man though, which is what he should really be known for. Then again ethics were a bit different in those days.

Paul
LMAO !! Who is this Mr. Mohr? I've only been on here for a few monthsandthought I'd figured out what to expect from some of the memberswho post regularlyand I don't think this isthe P L Mohr who's posts and replies I've seen in the past. [&:]
Old 08-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: TN Deer Hunter
I am not that young I have been hunting for 25 yrs now. I just like the fact that he gives the idiot antis heyall and he is not all about killing the biggest animal in the woods like most hunting show are now....
I have to agree with this, for as many times as I have seen his show, I have never heard the words "that's not a shooter!" I enjoy watching guys harvesting does just as much as "Shooter" bucks.

And yeah he does hunt on ranches and stuff often but that is good t.v. and people watch to see animals they don't always see in their neck of the woods,and someone shoot me if I'm worng but he isn't the only hunter on t.v. to do that. But I have also seen him hunting his own property, and taking care/managing his own land.

Oh and can we just get over the whole "You're not a true hunter" thing. I agree that was a stupid thing to say, but don't take that too seriously, that was like a preschooler calling you a poopoohead, don't get to uptight.

Quick Reply: Nugent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.