Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Free Lifetime Hunting Licenses >

Free Lifetime Hunting Licenses

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Free Lifetime Hunting Licenses

Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Free Lifetime Hunting Licenses

I think it goes without saying that one of the greatest threats to bowhunting and hunting in general is the fact that fewer and fewer kids are being drawn into our sport. At some point in the not too distant future, anti hunters like PETA are going to outnumber hunters at the ballot box. When that sad day comes, the face of hunting as we know it will forever change. Most hunting equipment manufacturers are only giving lip service to the problem. Sure they talk about getting kids involved in their ads and at the shows, but how many of them actually afe taking a proactive role? Up until now not many. But recently some manufacturers and user groups have begun to see the writing on the wall. If the sport changes, who will their customer base be in 5, 10 , or even 20 years?

Some of the more far thinking manufacturers have banded together and created a program called "Saving Our Hunting...One Youth At A Time" They are purchasing, and then giving away free lifetime hunting licenses to kids who are 19 years old or younger and also to members of the military.

Its totally free to sign up for a chance to win one of these free lifetime hunting licenses. It doesn't cost anything to signup now, and it won't cost anything down the road. The contestants are notified via E-mail of the winner's name for each drawing. In order to sign up visit www.savingourhunting.com and click on the link called SIGNUP. You can also increase your chances of winning by using their "Tell-A-Friend" page to tell all of your friends about the program. Each time you notify a friend, your chances of winning a free license is increased.

Their goal is to create a huge list of hunters and supporters of hunting and at the same time get a dialogue going among everyone affected by hunting on ways to help get more kids involved with hunting.

A truly worthy program, sign up today.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Free Lifetime Hunting Licenses

Free lifetime hunting license for what state? Wi doesnt have a lifetime hunting license.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:22 AM
Bartender

AHH I found where they stated 10 years in a row they would be willing to pay. Better then nothing I guess.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Neither does Ohio...something ????
Old 07-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

It's a good way to buy a list of people that are passionate about hunting. A lot of telemarketers and comapnies would pay good money for such a list.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

GmMat, Agreed! I'm of the opinion that people don't really care that much to open thier pockets. There is always a reason. Does this benefit people yes but there is a buck to be made in it. That is for sure.

Tom
Old 07-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

In good ole Louisiana we have lifetime licenses and they rock.

I can't think of a better gift to give a kid. For a combination lifetime fishing and hunting
license. It is only $300 for kids 13 and under and $500 for ages over that.

Not only is it a deal, it is really convenient to always have your license and not have to
spend a lot of time getting them every year and keeping track of all of them.

Here is what this last calendar year would have cost me:

Basic season: $15
Big game: $15
Bow: $10.50
Muzzleloader: $10.50
Basic Fishing $9.50
Saltwater: $5.50

Total $66.00 for one year (without ducks, which I didn't get to hunt last year).

Anyway, contest or not, you should look into getting your child a lifetime license. They are
convenient and relatively cheap (a kid's license paid for with 5 years of hunting and fishing).

Old 07-31-2007, 09:01 AM

In MN, for a lifetime license, it's $573 for firearms OR archery for ages 16-50. And its $27 for a regular firearm or archery license each year. So would be nice gift for a youngster in the long run if they kept hunting.

BUUUUUTTT, $573 could set a youngster up very nicely with a bow package and 3d target in the back yard IMHO.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chucker,

That is fairly pricey. I think Louisiana's lifetime rates are low compared to the market or
even their annual rates. They haven't changed the rates for I believe the last 15 years or so.

Those prices you are talking about would make me pause. What if the child moves? What if they
decide they don't like archery, but want to rifle hunt. The cost-benefit starts going down with
prices like that.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 AM

Agreed. That's why I never considered getting one for myself. I mean, I'd love to keep hunting forever, but who knows what will happen or where I'll be in 10 years. On the rare occassion my wife asks what I'd want to do if we won the Powerball, I tell her buy a buttload of land out west and manage it for whitetails, mule deer and big game. That's all, she says. Oh, and I'd buy a new bow and some new arrows too.

Quick Reply: Free Lifetime Hunting Licenses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.