HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Always a good Feeling! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/199995-always-good-feeling.html)

GR8atta2d 07-31-2007 06:47 AM

Always a good Feeling!

Yesterday, I went and talked with, my, one Farmer to insure my permissionfor the upcoming year (I also have to get my State mandated, permission slipped signed).Now I know he welcomes me year after year and the permission was a slam-dunk, but it's still a great feeling when your told.. Of course you may hunt! Do you have your slip with you now? Why yes,sir I do!

I even rode down to the back forty and hung up a Trail Cam. So it was fun doing something hunting related.

GMMAT 07-31-2007 07:07 AM

RE: Always a good Feeling!

Glad to see you're getting out and doing "something" deer. I hope your healing nicely.

I seem to be doing something deer about every day, now. It's almost "time"!

eversboys 07-31-2007 07:10 AM

Congrats!

GR8atta2d 07-31-2007 07:28 AM

Jeff..This farmer is 90-ish give or take, still out doing the farm chores everyday. He is so full of stories, he's a blast to talk with. He was telling me yesterday about the triple murder that occured on the adjacent land in the 1930's when he was a teenager. A farm hand killed the entire family he worked for. This is all on the backside of my developement, the yuppies in their big homes would be whacked out, if they were aware of this stuff.

There is a nice mixture of crops onhis land this year. Soy and Corn planted in alternating fashion about 20 yards wide (20 yards corn then 20 yards soy then corn..etc). He only has 60 acres planted this year.

This is a great farm for me this year cuz it's pretty easy access and his land has all the cover..except for the 55 acres of corn planted this year on the adjacent farm. He also let's me put up ladder stands.. :D

Sliverflicker 07-31-2007 08:10 AM

Always good to check ahead of time, Had a place leased out from under me, Cant blame them for wanting the extra money but would have been nice if they had asked me first or let me know, I had been Hunting it for several years and always split my deer with them.
Lost another place when the ownerpassed awayand the rest of the family came in from around the country all trying to get their share, turned into a big land battle and when I showed up to Hunt it the end of October the oldest son (the one that had stayed and worked the farm with his Dad) went on the attack with me to the point where I told him He was fixen to get a Knot put on his head, It was like something out of a Sy Fi movie!
Congrats on still having some private land to Hunt, and good luck this season.

rankbull 07-31-2007 08:37 AM

good job on the property

GMMAT 07-31-2007 08:42 AM

GR8:

Sounds like a wonderful spot. You're still welcome to the DB if you see you might need it.

GR8atta2d 07-31-2007 08:46 AM

Sorry to hear that Silver..I have another Farm that the Old Widow allows me to hunt. I'm nervous about that one for this year. I have a bad feeling. Even though I was allowed to huntthe last several years. I see some new signs on it this year (posted). I know she had alot of tresspassers so I hope it's just to discourage that.

I recently lost 124 acres to a new owner. It's mostly rabbithuntingtype land but we were allowed to use it for riding ATV's and such. The new guy who I just spoke to last week was very nice but he said absolutley no ATV's or Hunting!

He said if you wanted to use the land you shoulda bought it. Umm, yes sir, I checked into it,I just didn't have the the "extra" $620,000 laying around. But I said I will respect your land and I'll ask you again next year. He said fair enough.

GR8atta2d 07-31-2007 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

GR8:

Sounds like a wonderful spot. You're still welcome to the DB if you see you might need it.

Will know more next week at this time GMMAN..I get the big cast off Next Monday and we'll see what the plan is from there!

eelriver 07-31-2007 09:04 AM

"State Mandated Permission Slip" what a great idea. That way any police officer, conservation officer, etc. can do random checks. In Indiana, the land owner / renter, etc. must call in and request a tresspasser be arrested, then the authority must witness the tresspass.Usually by the time they get there the guy is long gone.

Turkey hunters are the worst because they are so moblie. Hear a bird, do a quick setup, and back over the fence before you can do anything.