HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   First attempt at fletching my own arrows. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/199874-first-attempt-fletching-my-own-arrows.html)

goherd1111 07-30-2007 12:03 PM

First attempt at fletching my own arrows.

Well, I finally decided on some arrows. I went with CE maxima 350's. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. However, I did get some of them wrapped and fletched. I decided to go with some wraps from onestringer and the rayzr broadhead feathers. Let me know what you think. By the way if any of you are thinking about using arrow wraps you should give onestringer here on HNI a shout. They are quality wraps. I think I did a good job building the arrows for my first time. I guess I will find out after a shoot a few of them. Hopefully the feathers won't come flying off after a few shots.

Siman08/OH 07-30-2007 12:36 PM

RE: First attempt at fletching my own arrows.

Looking Good!!

quiksilver 07-30-2007 01:12 PM

Those look great, Chris. Let me know how you like those rayzr feathers. I might order a load of them for the next time I fletch.

Jim_IV 07-30-2007 01:14 PM

those look great man. give us an update on the feathers. i would like to know how well they work

Greg / MO 07-30-2007 03:57 PM

those look AWESEOME!

Bols 07-30-2007 04:09 PM

Those look great. . .I saw the Rayzr feathers in Gander Mtn the other day, now you have me thinking about trying them out.

And about the wraps. . .you might have just got another sale out of onestringer!! I have been debating on what to go with. . .those same wraps in orange and with a Hoyt logo might look purdy nice on a new dozen arrows.

Way to go on your first fletch job. . .mine didn't turn out that nice. [:@]

jmbuckhunter 07-30-2007 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Bol

A I have been debating on what to go with. . .those same wraps in orange and with a Hoyt logo might look purdy nice on a new dozen arrow

Benjamin, why would you want to ruin a dozen arrows by putting HOYT on them?

Good looking arrows there GO.

Philg 07-30-2007 06:03 PM

They look great. I learned years ago to do them and I love doing my own work.Gives me greater satisfaction when Ishoot a deer knowing I done it all.

1GR8Buck 07-30-2007 06:06 PM

Great looking arrows! I have the CE Maxima Hunters and just last week got my wraps from Onestringer.I hope you like the way the arrows fly as much as I do. I will post pics of my arrows when they are done...

goherd1111 07-30-2007 07:05 PM

Thanks guys for the compliments. Here is a pic of the first completed half dozen.