HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My buddy is progressing, nicely...... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/199867-my-buddy-progressing-nicely.html)

GMMAT 07-30-2007 11:38 AM

My buddy is progressing, nicely......

Anybody remember the gamecam shot of my buck I'm after from almost 2 weeks ago? His right main beam was "off" from last year's development....and I feared he'd been injured.

I got photos of him from my gamecam, today.....and he's progressed, nicely!

Look at him, now.

Germ 07-30-2007 11:42 AM

RE: My buddy is progressing, nicely......

that is a good buddy:D

I bet in Sept you and him will not be pals;)

BigJ71 07-30-2007 11:45 AM

That's a good looking deer there GMMAT.......Looks like things mayturn out good in the fall. Just remember, I called this a few months ago;).

Buckslayer55 07-30-2007 11:45 AM

Looks like hes got some height to him

GMMAT 07-30-2007 11:53 AM

Just remember, I called this a few months ago;).
I saved that PM, BigJ....and it means a lot to me. I appreciatethe encouragement.;)

This deer and I have a history. I hope I get more photos of him at a cloer range, this Fall.

Mdbowhunter16 07-30-2007 11:54 AM

Looks like you wont have your eyes on the does as much now huh?

GR8atta2d 07-30-2007 11:56 AM

Good looking critter! Better be careful posting pics. Rumor has it Buckeye's thinkin.......................

ROAD TRIP!

GMMAT 07-30-2007 11:56 AM

Looks like you wont have your eyes on the does as much now huh?
Honestly.....I just got off the phone with Rob. Plan hasn't changed....(doe management). I'd just like to get 8 down on the ground by 11/8.....and have the rut to try for this (and maybe one I haven't seen) guy.

My overall game plan won't change, though. I HAVE to thin the doe herd.

GMMAT 07-30-2007 11:59 AM

GR8:

This deer won't turn heads in the midwest.....but he's a darned nice deer for these parts.....and a trophy in anyone's eyes...due to his age. I saw this deer in '05. He was a nice, thick antlered 8 pointer, then. He's done nothing but mature. I saw him a handful of times, last year......once I'd like to forget about. He walked by me closing day and I had no tag for him. He's just a great deer for my woods. That's all I can say.

MichaelHunsucker 07-30-2007 11:59 AM

That is a nice one! If you can pattern him early season i would go after him then! I think its a great time to catch deer while still in their summer feeding patters and they are very killable.

Good luck Jeff!