Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Keep or sell the Q2 >

Keep or sell the Q2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keep or sell the Q2

Old 12-31-2002, 10:57 AM

Default Keep or sell the Q2

Howdy all,I'm new here to this forum and so far I really like what I see.I've been out of archery for about 7-8 years and just recently decided to get back in.I would eat,drink and sleep this sport,worked at a pro shop for 5 years and then boom,nothing.I guess other things took priority and I stoped.I started looking for bows and found a Mathews Q2 for 400 bucks and I bought it,but guess what the draw length was wrong so now 80 bucks for a new one.I then found this forum and it got me to thinking,why not consider another bow.There so much new out there that might deserve the right to look at before I go set up mine.The only shop around is Hoyt and Mathews,so loking at bows is limited.What do you guys think?I like the feel of both bows and both would work good.Should I set up the Q2 with new cam,winners choice strings,etc or should I be looking at something else.Thanks
Old 12-31-2002, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Keep or sell the Q2

My opinion is this, the Q2 is a darn good bow. If it fits you well, and fills good in your hands, set it up, and go hunt!
Old 12-31-2002, 12:51 PM

If you think you can get most of your money back out of the Q2, I would just hold onto it until the end of January after the show and see what new bows the companies come out with. If you already have $400 into that bow and are going to put a fair amount of cash into it to make it like you want, it might be better to just buy a new bow instead.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Q2 is an excelent bow I like it much better than mathews newer offering if it were me I'd order a cam in the proper draw length put a muzzy zerro effect and shoot the h--l out of it

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 01-02-2003, 09:46 PM

Thanks fo the replys.With a new cam and winners choice strings I would be into about 550 on a bow about a year old.What would an equal bow from another company cost new(or used for that matter)?Thanks
Old 01-02-2003, 10:04 PM

I can't find my catalog from Mathews but it sounds like your getting 1 of the best bows made for around $200.00 cheaper than new. I'd say give it a serious try. You can always window shop for a replacement during the next year. And even if you don't end up keeping it, you won't have any problems selling it on Ebay. Just my opinion.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

You may try trading someone for a cam. It would depend on what you have and what you need.

I have heard of people swapping cams to change their bows an inch or so.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:12 PM

I'd like to trade cams with someone but I need a 26.5 and there's not to many who have one.There is a 28 on it now.Oh well....I found a guy who can ship me a new one for 65 bucks.....so we'll see.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:04 PM

if it was me and i had already made the mistake of buying a mathews i would spend the 55 and use it until i could get that new HOYTE. i just got back from the bow shop and the new Razor Tec has my name on it, here in a few weeks. but seriously fix up your mathews and have fun. i have found every couple of years i just need a new one.

Old 01-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

No one here can give you the right thing to do. It comes down to your preference and wallet. I'm a Hoyt man but why give up the bird in hand. Nothing wrong with the bow you have, if you want new, go new, if you want to save some money, update the current one. The Hoyt vs Mathews rhetoric is so tiresome.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>

Quick Reply: Keep or sell the Q2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.