Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help with animal identification >

Help with animal identification

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with animal identification

Old 07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help with animal identification

I never claimed that i saw a drop tine buck, i said my 2 brothers did. I dont want to turn this into a "black panther - like" discusion, i just have a video and was wondering what it was.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck
And i can pretty much garuntee its not a racoon, they simply just dont get that big. Ive come to the conclusion that its probably an Otter, but that still doesnt seem right.
It actually doesnt look like that large of an animal. 15-20lb raccoon probably. Cay4, have you ever seen a 20+ lb raccoon upclose live or dead. They are huge. Im not talking one you thought was 20lbs, but one that was actually weighed. Although i dont coon hunt regularly anymore i did so for about 7-8 years.The animal in your video looks and moves exactly like a raccoon.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Ok im sorry but im geting tire of hearing about drop tine bucks bristobay had my support untill the photos never showed up and he sudenly the freind that saw it turned into a lying drug addict so untill he has picture or video or a body im not going to belive him.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cascade hunter

Ok im sorry but im geting tire of hearing about drop tine bucks bristobay had my support untill the photos never showed up and he sudenly the freind that saw it turned into a lying drug addict so untill he has picture or video or a body im not going to belive him.
Exactly why im not parading (sp?) it around around that we might have one. I have 3 trail cams up and if nothing comes of it then nobody will harp on me. I have seen many coons in my day cuz we trap them but im pretty sure none were 20 Lbs and i don think th eanimal in the video is. But i could be wrong and thats why i posted it on here to get opinions.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

He said that hisbrothers saw the droptine buck, not him. Why cant you just leave him alone? Your just instigating a fight. There's no point. You've been here 6 days. you know nothing as far as i'm concerned. Leave him alone now. Unless you want to make a guess at what that thing in the video was stop posting on this thread.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 PM

Just a big 'ol 'coon!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That my freinds is what we like to call a raccoon here in IL.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

He said that hisbrothers saw the droptine buck, not him. Why cant you just leave him alone? Your just instigating a fight. There's no point. You've been here 6 days. you know nothing as far as i'm concerned. Leave him alone now. Unless you want to make a guess at what that thing in the video was stop posting on this thread.
Thanks killa, i too just noticed his longevity on here
Old 07-30-2007, 12:40 PM

Good call killa! I think sometimes, to poke a little fun in jest is okay, but too many times it is taken too far and it gets to being insulting and attempting to humiliate. I was on a forum , which this was so common that I asked the mods, who were as guilty of it as much as or more than others, to stop it or at least to try to cut this one particular young man some slck, and they began taunting me for defending the guy! Needless to say, I don't frequent that forum anymore!

Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM

I'm going with porcupine. Has the shape, color, mass, and movement.

Quick Reply: Help with animal identification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.