Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tell about something neat you saw? >

Tell about something neat you saw?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tell about something neat you saw?

Old 07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tell about something neat you saw?

lol
Old 07-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Credit where credit is due, Moho....
Old 07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year early in the season I had a doe and two button fawns come right below my stand. I decided not to shoot the doe because I thought she was too good a mother to shoot, so I just watched. In a little while one of the fawns (they had lost their spots) went around to one side and the other went to the other and they nursed right there. They went at it about 5 seconds and then she started walking and kicked them off.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: springcaller

ORIGINAL: pigiron

I saw a full grown groundhog 20 ft up in the crotch of a tree. It was directly across from my stand at eye level about 30 yds away. I know groundhogs don't climb trees, so the only other explanation would be that a hawk or another bird of prey grabbed him and took him up there. It still was wierd because he was a big boy, full grown, and completely alive and aware of his surroundings(not wounded or hurt from what I could see). He just sat there for the duration of my evening sit, stuck in a very small crotch in a very thin tree(the trunk was about 4-5" in diameter). When darkness fell I just left the woods. I returned the next morning to see if he was still there, but somehow he was gone...........maybe he just fell to the ground, or a hawk or an owl grabbed him.......Whatever got him had their hands full,.......he was a good 10-12 lbs.
I thought groundhog's could climb, I've seen them on fence posts before. Not to take anything away from your story, that is really cool. I have seen a coyote try to stalk a full grown deer before, I have a video of it but you can barely make out the coyote in the grass. He finally got close enough to the deer and realized he didn't want any part in that fight.
I've seen them on fence rails before(2feet up), but never on top of a fence post......furthermore this was 20 ft. in a skinny-whip of a tree.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

I got to watch a buck mount a doe and do their business. I have also seen an owl chasing another owl and knock it to the ground...
Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 PM

i had a couple of does milling around in front of me and all of a sudden they froze and took off...i knew i didnt scare them and about ten fifteen seconds later four cyotes ran infront of me chasing them
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Last years muzzleloading season i saw a piebald 4 pt. I decided not to shoot it and watch it and havent seen him again. Maybe just maybe he will show up this year and be a little bit bigger.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 PM

My first season hunting (2 yrs. ago), I saw two gobblers fight. That's two more than I saw this turkey season.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

My GOOD friends dared me to see if it shocked you to pee on a cattle fence, and ofcoarse i did it, It knocked me to the ground, and i got up and pushed my one friend who thought it was hilarous into the fence i felt a little better but it still hurt like all getout.
Ryan.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was ridin around looking at deer on the parkway last week and saw a momma doe and 2 fawns with her, so i stopped and was watching them but they never looked at me they were looking straight ahead and coming right towards them was a coyote, needless to say i turned around and went back and they were all gone.

Quick Reply: Tell about something neat you saw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.