Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Superstition

Old 07-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Superstision?

I always say,"Let my aim be steady so that every shot counts" before i go into the woods.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 AM

takegallons of laxitives right befor you leave.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I leave camp in the morning we put our hands to our heads, at the thumbs. With one hand our fingers face up and the other facing down........ means wait for a gnarly one. I also pick the arrow that I'm going to use way B4 the season starts, and yes all the cock vanes facing out.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Superstition

Ok, I can understand about everything except maybe the deerpee....
But do you guys do anything after you had a succesfull kill ?
I would say thank you to which ever god that it is you pray to and thank the deer for giving up his life......

Frank
Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know some people tie the deer's sack to a branch or something. I usually just throw it at my brother and tell him its good luck to be hit by nuts in the face.

Oh and we dont shoot cats, thier just bad luck to kill.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i number my arrows 1 through 4 before the season starts. also on the first moring me and my buddies get together and have a beer at 3:30, stupid i know
Old 07-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know some people tie the deer's sack to a branch or something. I usually just throw it at my brother and tell him its good luck to be hit by nuts in the face.
Poor brother. And by the way, that is not good luck..........at all.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty good stuff, I also Gargle with Skunk in rut before i leave in the morning, rather refreshing, I do like to pick my arrow WAY before the season and make sure i dont beat it up or anything, it stays in my bedroom till i shoot it to make sure it flies the same, Other Than that, i have undies and socks i HAVE to wear if not it puts a hoax on the whole season.
Ryan
Old 07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

We always tap the Ted Nugent "Give 'em the BLADE!!" sticker on the lockers adjacent to the cabin door on our way out. Have been known to drive back and tap it after forgetting.

After the kill I always put a small cedar branch in the deer's mouth and offer thanks to God for the life of the animal that will now give life to me and my family. ( I think I read that in an old Fred Bear book, it comes from an old German deer hunting tradition. I thought it was cool so I adopted it myself.)
Old 07-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tsoc

I will hunt with exactly the same arrow every time on stand until I have taken an animal.
I do this, too.

Quick Reply: Superstition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.