Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Head shot with a bow >

Head shot with a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Head shot with a bow

Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 AM

Default RE: Head shot with a bow

[/quote]

Wow that deer has to be in pain. That right there is a perfect example of why head shots should never be taken.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

exactly
Old 07-30-2007, 11:33 AM

Did any body hear in the non hunting related fourm so people shot a dog n the head with crossbows and the dog suvived. head shots are all around evil
Old 07-30-2007, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Cascade hunter

Did any body hear in the non hunting related fourm so people shot a dog n the head with crossbows and the dog suvived. head shots are all around evil
Yea i read on article on that. Thats sad. The dog took 2 crossbow bolts to the head. Thats sad
Old 07-30-2007, 11:43 AM

there are alot of sick people out there thays why my little sisteris so anti hunting she thinks its evil to kill wild animals even tho it's needed to keep poulations in check
Old 07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

this posts shows to me how well educated and no nonsense kinda people are on this site, I must say my view on these parts of america has rapidly changed in a very good way....

I as a Belgian soon to be bowhunter can only tell you how lucky you are with your laws and the legal bowhunt. These sort of things would make it even more impossible in this country to hunt. For instance, they passed a law here that prohibits selling puppies and kittens in petstores behind glass or in cages. Because "Gaia" ( our own PETA ) thinks too many animals are bought on site without carefully thinking things through.
Now all pups and kittens are sold via dvd movies and adds with pictures, making social control impossible.....go figure....
Imagine what they could do with a deer being shot in the head and dying in someone's backyard.....
On the otherhand, I do believe in careful animal management. Too many people get away with too much when it comes to making money with animals.....

Frank
Belgium
Old 07-30-2007, 11:52 AM

hunters are going to have to go on the offesive agenst pita if the laws are to be fairI lernd a very interesting fact about those so caled animal lovers put to sleapmore animals than the aspca because they cant take care of them and they say they love animals[:'(][:@]
Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cascade hunter

hunters are going to have to go on the offesive agenst pita if the laws are to be fairI lernd a very interesting fact about those so caled animal lovers put to sleapmore animals than the aspca because they cant take care of them and they say they love animals[:'(][:@]
Offensive,Against,PETA, Learned, Called, Sleep

sorry i couldnt help myself
Old 07-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Longbeard... Paging Mr. Longbeard... Mr. Longbeard please report to head-shot thread... Has anyone seen Mr. Longbeard?
Mr. Longbeard has left the building...
Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Site Buck Guru

I would never consider a head shot, no matter what size the deer was.

I have had several shots at deer (4 big bucks and a doe) where they were 4-6 yards, facing me. I would aim right between the shoulder blades for a spine shot or a one lung shot if I was a bit off to one side. On my last encounter with this shot it was a 150+ 10 point. He was 4 yards out and I had to grunt him to a stop. He looked up at me as I was squeezing off the shot. When the shot went off, he swung his head as he was bolting and his antlers grabbed the arrow and scrubbed all the speed off of it and only penetrated about 3 inches. He ran off with my arrow which looked like a harpoon in his back and was never found. Neither was the arrow.

I WILL NEVER TAKE THAT SHOT AGAIN.

4/5 times it was sucessful but that one time that it failed made me realize that the animal deserves more respect than that. I was extremely disgusted with myself. Never again. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Quick Reply: Head shot with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.