Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Head shot with a bow >

Head shot with a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Head shot with a bow

Old 07-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Head shot with a bow

uhhhh.......what just happened......who is this captain longbeard?? it is quite obvious that this man is one of those that make it hard for anyone to sit and read threads from without rolling their eyes and/orfeeling nauseated. i guess that my initial thought when i read the thread topic that this guy must be an idiot was spot on......much like longbeards arrows!

one thing we have gotten out of this topic is not only that mr. longbeard is probably one of the greatest hunting icons to ever walk the public grounds of maryland, but that the majority of the folks on this website are intelligent and level-headed enough to know that longbeard is full of it and a head shot isNEVER an ethical shot to take with a bow!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PatrickMc

HillBilly, Don't fuel the fire any more! as stated, legality and ethics are two completely different things.
Easy Patrick. I think you have to read and comprehendmylast post before you can realize what I was saying. Sometimes threads like these offer insight into even bigger issues. you'll understand once you've been here long enough

Take care and good hunting.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ron3775

Well Mr. Longbeard. I know the area your talking about. I hunted there once. You are correct in stating that there wasn't any big buck there. I did how ever see a nice 8 point on the other side of 68 in Billmeyer state forest. I also saw two bigger buck ( not sure of the exact size) on the eastern side of Sidling (spl) Hill Mountain. I said that I saw them, never said that I got them. As for the avatar, well that is for the hunting team that I am a member of. If you would like, I can give you some locations in MD that I have seen good buck at while driving. Not sure if they allow hunting, but they should. Just send me a pm and I would gladly provide that info. Just to let you know though, they are in the Frederick area and south.

I was not refering to you with the avator post

But thanksanyhow for the offer...

To be honest with ya... I have been hunting Western Md all my life... My heart is up in those mountains and always will... To me that is real deer hunting... I may not kill big bucksevery bow season but that is ok... The way I look atit... A spike off this land is more of a challenge than a5 and half year old corn feed buck
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess one thing that came out of this post... All you holier than thow "ethical" hunters that have never done anything wrong in the woodscan come on hear and ring your bells for every one to see

I got news for ya... I'm not buying your bull !@#$

Sell that !@#$ somewere else... I'm all stocked up hear

Old 07-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why did you start this post?

Nobody here is selling anything. You asked a question and you got your answers. You just aren't that thrilled.

Regardless of what others have done wrong it still doesn't make you anymore right.

Tom
Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 AM

a few things for Mr. Longbeard:
1.You asked a question and we answered. Dont get mad at us for answering.
2. "I may not kill big bucksevery bow season but that is ok" Those are your words, if you are ok with not getting a big buck then why would you take a risky shot on one.
3.If you dont trust 99% of the stuff on the forums then what is the point of being on the forums (not suggesting you should leave, just merely pointing out.)
4.You are mad about people bragging about ethics and say they are hippocrites but you keep bragging how you take your deer on public land. Isn't that hippocritical in its self.
5. You've insulted every person who hunts private land because apperently private land deer are stupid. If they were stupid, many of them would be hit with vehichles. They may not be as smart as public land deer but they are by no means stupid.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Just another Turd running around the deer woods as far as I'm concerned....unfortunately we've got a ton here in WI.

Head shots are marginally lethal at best regardless of broadhead. Unless you are a brain surgeon and know exactly what part of the brain will ensure fatality you have no business taking those shots....period! Just because a broadhead enters the skull doesn't mean its a fatal shot.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

I hate to keep this going.

How the heck does a deer know if he is on public or private land.

How does where you hunt justify taking what 99.9% of the hunting populationview as a poor shot choice.

I also think you under estimate the amount of good people on this forum. We are not perfect but I know many of will admit when we have made a mistake in the woods. When a bad shot is made it isn't followed by a post boasting about it. It is generally followed by a post that starts out something like " I am sick to my stomach" because we know when we screw up.

Funny how so many people can be wrong about there opinions.

Good luck in the future. May your luck never run out for the deers sake.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:39 PM

My apologies to you hillbilly, I did in fact misinterpret your previous post.

As for you longbeard, shut the hell up! you have cast a shadow of doubt on all of American hunters. You have tarnished the tradition and lifestyle of hunting with your moronic ramblings. Several times have you contradicted yourself. In the very first post you stated that you were afraid the deer would hear your bow if you let down, yet just shortly ago you stated "the deer never knew I was there My bow is super quiet." If you truly believed that your shot was ethical, responsible,and respectful you never would have started this thread to question it, correct? you sought to glorify yourself and were looking for the congratulatory pat on the back of true hunters and sportsmen. And now you are pissed off and feeling sorry for yourself b/c that is not the case. On a personal level, I and 99.9% of hunters would not take that shot because it is questionable in outcome, in the same respect, if I knew 110% that I could make that shot, then I might consider it. If you know that 110% that shot cannot fail, you make the decision, but do not ever encourage, or teach someone else, especially a young budding hunter to take such a shot. The fact of the matter is that this debate has left the field of ethics and hunting and entered into that of personal insult. You have in one fell swoop severely damaged the reputations of thousands of responsible hunters across the country. We have an ongoing battle against anti-hunting organizations that are winning against us, and you have aided them. I question whether you are really a true hunter of thirty years experience, most old-timers I know love and respect the game. You have certainly proven yourself to be an ornery, non-caring, uneducated, rogue assassin, of the old saying that "if its brown, shoot it down." Hell you cant even spell...and there is a built in spell check. Perhaps you are a decoy of PETA sent to ruin the image of hunters??? we all know that they monitor this and other similar sites. You have shown your self to be the Barry Bonds of hunters, a self-glorifying, attention-seeking, take what you can get as long as you don't get caught, excuse of a human being. Do not defend yourself any longer mrlongbeard, if you believe it to be right you have no reason to defend your actions, if it's attention you seek, this world has gone to hell. Shut up Barry, no one cares about you and no one likes you. You should not be considered a hunter by anyone on this site, hang up your bow and go watch traffic drive by from your front porch, you have crossed over from the love of the hunt, to the commercial aspect of society. So if it is fame and attention you seek, go put on a mini-skirt, put a chihuahua in a hand bag and change your name to Paris.

This took too long,who's up for a 3-D practice round?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Longbeard,
I don't want to pile-on as you've obviously taken your lumps over this one however, you asked the question. My question to you is this: You claimto hunt land that is of lesser quality than what the others on here hunt. Why is it that you CLAIM to have killed over 100 deer in the 30 years you've hunted and that is just with a bow? That isequivelant to over 3 deer ayear. Yet you say others have better land.I have been bow hunting for several years and am nowhere near reaching the 100 deer in 30 year mark. I guess you are a more superior hunter than the rest of us.
Take some advice, if you have it in your nature. Foul language shows a lack of education or low mentality. Your shot selection and defensive nature about it proves the above to be true. No one on here has claimed to be a perfect hunter as you say we all are doing. We all make mistakes in the woods. It's just that shooting deer in the head isn't one of them.

Quick Reply: Head shot with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.